Posted 8 November 2023

Xbox series s gaming monitor recommendations

My son wants a monitor for his birthday for his Xbox series s. He says his TV is slow and laggy and has a bad response time.

Can anyone recommend a half decent one suitable for the capabilities of the series s

He wants a 27"

Specs wanted

140hz minimum

1ms input lag

Hdmi 2.1 (2 minimum)

1440p resolution (minimum)

Inbuilt speakers, preferable
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Did you read about monitors? Plenty of guides online.
    TN /VA/ IPS/ OLED panel types
    Refresh rate
    Curved or flat
    Will it be desk mounted.
    Does it need speakers?
    Budget
    Blah, blah
    Author
    Probably budget of around £250, desk mounted, 160hz possibly, he wants to use it for Netflix etc so probably will need speakers, unless they come with decent speakers in this price range. I'm unsure of curved or flat
    165Hz (Displayport) is pointless when the Series S can only output a max of 120Hz via HDMI.
    I'd focus on getting a QHD screen with 144Hz and low input lag and add a pair of speakers to the side - that'd be a good setup. I'd only get a 165Hz screen for longevity or future use with a gaming PC.
    As above, quality of the response is equal to the effort of the question.

Budget? What response time does he expect and will it be used for anything else to take advantage of a higher refresh rate/response time? What does he already have? Please? Thank you?
    Author
    He currently uses a bog standard hisense TV. He only has an Xbox. He seems to think he can replace his TV with it aswell. He says he only watches netflix, YouTube and streaming services which are available on the Xbox. Also has a Chromecast and firestick.

He has sent me links to a few on Amazon for around £150 and keeps going on about them being "160hz" or similar.

It doesn't mean a lot to me and I don't think he fully understands it either (he's 12)
    Budget?
    Author
    Probs up to £250
    Author
    So I'm now a bit more clued up and am looking for

140hz minimum

1ms input lag

Hdmi 2.1 (2 minimum)

1440p resolution (minimum)

Inbuilt speakers, preferable

's avatar