Posted 3 October 2023

Dell Outlet

Looking at the Dell XPS 15, i7 chipset... Generally are the laptops with a punt through the outlet or more trouble than they're worth?
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I can't speak for a Dell laptop, but I got an Alienware desktop through the outlet, been going strong for several years - I also don't remember having any issues with order or delivery either.
    I have bought both desktops and laptops from Dell Outlet over the years and they have all been fine.

I think they have all been "new" as far as I can see.

I think Dell use Outlet to sell items that they have a lot of in stock (to reduce inventory) without having to reduce the price on the main Dell web site.

I think you will be fine with an item from Dell Outlet.
    Author
    Thank all - so is the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 6GB worth £100 more than the Intel Arc A370M 6GB in a system....not a gamer other than FM23/24 and more of an everyday user. Replacing a Lenovo YogaC930 that crashes daily (have done fresh Windows install, so no idea what the issue is)

Spec I'm looking at
    Dell Outlet XPS 15 - 9530 Laptop
    Intel Core 13th Generation i7-13700H Processor (14 Core, Up to 5.00GHz, 24MB Cache, 45W)
    Windows 11 Home
    16GB (2X8GB) Up to 4800MHz DDR5 SoDIMM Non-ECC
    1TB PCIe M.2 NVMe Gen 4 Class 40 Solid State Drive
    15.6 inch FHD+ (1920 x 1200) Wide View Angle Anti-Glare 500-nits InfinityEdge Non-Touch Display
    HD RGB + IR Camera and Microphone
    Intel Arc A370M 4GB GDDR6
    Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6 1675 (AX211) 2x2 + Bluetooth
    Platinum Silver Exterior and Black Interior
    6-Cell, 86 WHr Lithium Ion Battery
    No Optical Drive
    UK Irish Qwerty Backlit Keyboard
's avatar