Posted 27 September 2023

Drill advice

Hi

Can someone recommend a decent cordless drill that i can use around the house inside and outside

I did have this one but its just gone on me after 6 years

Bosch Home and Garden Cordless Combi Drill PSB 1800 LI-2 (2 x 18 volt batteries, 20 torque settings, drill and impact

I found it to be ok but not powerfull enough sometimes outside when drilling through masonry

Any recommendations would be appreciated
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you want a really good drill for masonry, you want one that is SDS+, and best buy one with hammer and rotation stop, so it can also be used with a chisel, but you'd want a separate drill for everything else, or at least one with something like fixtec, which has a removable SDS chuck. (edited)
    Author
    Thank you
    Any particular drill that springs to mind?

Two or 3 for me to have a look at
    I have DeWalt brushless drills. All of them are excellent
    This. Get some good deals too
    hotukdeals.com/dea…774

Toolstation are selling einhell brushell combi drill, no battery, for £42, 60nm torque.
    Am impressed with my einhell drill
    I bought a Erbauer from Screwfix,2 batterys & quite powerful & long lasting batterys.
    Toolstation . Dewalt cordless combi drill, 2 x 2ah batteries, charger and TSTAK case £109.98. But before 4pm on sunday 01 oct you get £10.00 off a £60.00 or more spend. So just under £100 for a good drill.
    Author
    Very good deal that. How does it compare with this do you think?

hotukdeals.com/dea…475 (edited)
    Cordless drills will all be much the same when drilling.

Unless you're going to invest in an SDS drill which for the majority of jobs around the home is FAR too powerful you just need a decent set of masonary drill bits. This will have by far the largest effect.
    Author
    Think ill go with this one

Dewalt DCF887P2-GB

Thanks for all advice
's avatar