Posted 25 July 2023

External SSD for a relatively cheap price

I've not heard anything of the website, but the prices on these SSDs are remarkable, so I thought I'd raise it on HUKD as a lot of the main branded SSDs are considerably higher.

Any thoughts on these ones?

moxtons.co.uk/pro…s=r
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Looks exactly like a fake I got at Christmas, it was incredibly slow and took my test program about 5 hours to find out it was only 64 GB and not 2 tb. I've seen YouTube videos opening similar things and there is just a poor SD card inside.
    The fact that all the reviews are in broken english is weird.

I mean just look at the state of these: "Seller suggested" is it, Nathaniel? "Determine to buy it" did you Patrick? (And there's that "seller suggested" again). "Transmission moving at a fast and small speed" is it Owen?

They have english names, but that's not the way english people speak- there's something dodgy going on here.

50656687-O8DSl.jpg (edited)
    It is a scam site.
    Any thoughts?

Yes, I wouldn't even let my old ex-headmaster use that site.
    Author
    I'm glad I asked, You all have great insight into the page, and I've gone with the Kingston [hotukdeals.com/dea…564] while using the 5 off voucher with Amazon.

Thanks for helping! 💗
    Weird choice. That works out at £80 a TB. You can buy a 1 TB SSD for ~£35 and a SATA to USB connector for about £6. These tend to have faster transfer speeds compared to USB sticks.
    Get any SSD and a sata to usb 3 adapter. I got one for less than four quid on ebay. Then use whatever SSD you want. (edited)
    There's a 480 GB for £17.99 here today!
    I bought a "4TB SSD drive" from them and it turned out to be a fake: incredibly slow, proving to have less than 10% of claimed capacity and, worse, though it appears genuine to Windows at first it actually overwrites data so you may find out only later your precious memories or backups have been lost forever. Reported to ActionFraud and awaiting their action on the test records which I retained.
    PLEASE DON’t BUY ANYTHING FROM MOXTONS!!! I bought a 6TB SSD Hard Drive, took it out of the box and it was faulty. I couldn’t plug the USB C cable to it. I sent them several emails, called and even texted them without no reply. Repeated this every 2nd day for another week and then I got an email from Evie Ward (moxtonsuk@gmail.com), not even apologising, just saying to return to their address sending proof of delivery, and they would refund me.

The truth is that they never got back to me and I never got my money back.

I’m repotting them as fraudsters and will hope to get my money back.
's avatar