Posted 13 October 2023

Gaming Laptops

Any recommendations of what's the best gaming laptop to get for up to £1100?

Been wanting to buy one for a long long time but I'm not sure what to look out for and what to avoid.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Have you checked previous discussions this question gets asked every other day religiously
    Author
    I searched gaming laptop, and the discussions were either for laptops around £600 or less, asking if they can play The Sims, or about specific laptops - so was hoping for some help specific to the money I have available
    I'm in a similar position.

A month or two back Lenovo was on fire with deals but that's gone cold.

I'm probably going to snag a Lenovo legion sometime soon.

1tb, 4070 and hopefully a higher end CPU. 7945hx -12900hx.

Alot of the recent deals have much more inferior CPU.

If that 4080 deal around 1600 comes back. I'll try hard to justify the bump from 1100/1200.

Just gotta wait. I'm not seeing many amazing deals right now.
    ok so current gen gaming laptops aim for anything with at least 4060 gpu would be ideal within that budget, even a 4050 would suffice. The gpu should be your priority. The paired cpu & memory will more than cope with the rest.

Brand wise ive had a few Asus models & they have all been pretty much faultless - ive sold them all on when ive decided to upgrade. Their build quality & overall performance is worth the premium cost. Asus Tuf is the budget range but perfectly capable & ROG is the higher end.

Other than that look at similar spec Dell G series or Lenovo Legion.

Lots of sites like BOX / Ebuyer / Argos & Amazon have random deals.

Im more of a desktop pc gamer but use my gaming laptop when i travel & tbh I love it - it plays everything i have on max or high settings. (edited)
    avoid MSI. I have seen ppl say their hinge with design flaw
's avatar