Posted 6 September 2023

Good 55-65" TV (mainly for movies and ps3/wii gaming)

Hi there,

was wondering if anyone can help? I've just moved into a new home. I have a blank wall and a 3 and 2 seater (recline) sofas in the living room area.
3 seater is directly in front and the 2 seater will be on one of the 2 sides of the TV in question.

I have about £4-600 to spend on a good 55-65" TV.
Its a big plain wall with a 120-130cm ish tv stand that was given by a neighbour to place my small
27" samsung tv (ha). But happy for tv to be wall mounted, so stand use/size is not as important. Just giving idea of the area for tv.

I have a ps3 and a wii, a now tv stick and chromecast stick, and a samsung s8. So gaming wise im not fussed, but i watch a lot of tv shows and movies from my phone/apps via phone/nowtv stick and i like playing video games. So screen quality would be good, especially for those on the side sofa to be able to see something

i have seen Samsung cu7110, cu8000 and brands called TLC and Hisense, but ive been out of the technology world for so long i dont quite get whats good or not screenwise or tech.
Samsung doesnt do 5 year warranty on all tvs anymore either, but a warranty of some sort would be good if it comes with.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Decent one here for under £600 "as new" Samsung cu8500 from Currys clearance with the current code Take15 usually retails for £749 (edited)
    Get one of Costco mate! 😁👌 5 year warranty included and they never fuss about warranty 😁👌
    Author
    Dont have costco account but ill ask around. (edited)
    have you thought about a projector?
    I was in the far east recently and a hostel had one and it was impressive considering it was only sat on a table, at an angle and yet the image on the wall was straight!! blooming magic
    Usual tips would be get it from Costco/ Richersounds/ JL which has 5/6 warranty...
    Your budget is very low for a 65-inch so you shouldn't expect perfection. I can definitely recommend Costco from personal experience
    Your budget is the very very lowest you can go so it will be the worst TV possible for that price. In terms of long lasting. That's just impossible. You could buy a 2k TV and it break after 6 month. You could be a £500 TV and it last 10 years it's impossible to tell
    Author
    By long lasting i meant more in terms of screen issues, there is qled, oled, neo qled, uhd, etc. Not sure whats best
    Author
    I can increase my budget, but since im not doing any graphic intense gaming and the like and just to watch movies and shows. The screen just has to be good enough for that. I can also go to a 55" if that helps. Somewhere between that?

I just need model numbers that you would be able to recommend if possible. I can jig budget accordingly (edited)
's avatar