Posted 30 October 2023

Hair care

I suffer from itchy scalp and dandruff and my favourite was Head and Shoulder eucalyptus but can’t find that anymore so been using Tgel but want to get off it and wondering what hair care products you would suggest
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I know someone who mixes egg yolk with olive oil and some lemon juice, then massages it into her scalp. Leaves it on for about an hour, then shampoos it off; does it every other week. She said she now has little to no itching and to be honest, her hair does look nice.
    I personally use cheap dandruff shampoo and then add 10 - 20 drops of tea tree essence into the bottle, been doing that for about 7 years now and no adverse issues. It helps with my itchy scalp and also with dandruff. (edited)
    10 to 20 what please.
    Also, which essence do you get.
    Thank you. (edited)
    have you tried head & shoulder classic clean? that has anti dandruff as well.
    Head and Shoulders Clinical, its for irritated scalps. Can get it on Amazon, bit pricey but worth it (edited)
    Nizoral
    I have an itchy scalp but don’t have dandruff. I find Osmo scalp therapy shampoo works well. Is the dandruff caused by the itching?
    My wife swears by the Body Shop ginger shampoo. That's coming from someone who used tgel for years and something else similar and has itchy scalp issues. If she even uses anything normal for a day her head gets itchy again
    I used to use the lemon head & shoulders but I spoke to a dermatologist & she said not to, I'm now getting prescribed capasal but I've had psoraisis but not much anymore ,might be worth trying the tea tree option before asking a pharmacist
    Please check the ingredients of any shampoo you opt for and AVOID sodium laureath sulphate (SLS) as this is the main culprit for itchy dry scalps. It is in many of these shampoos to supposedly treat itchy scalp
's avatar