Posted 18 October 2023

Headphones Advice

I'm using JBL Tune510BT on daily traveling(train routes) but when I need to go abroad often, and want to listen music/watch series for 8-12 hours 'straight' my ears feels sore.

Could anyone advice nice models of Bluetooth headphones that battery holds for easily 30hours or more without charging and are comfortable please ?

Thank you.

Budget : 150£
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I think any headphones will be irritable after "8-12 hours 'straight"

Let me know though. I am after some, that might do a couple of hours (edited)
    Author
    The one I got are great for 'short haul flights' when going to Spain/Italy for work and watching/listening music/movies but if I'm doing long haul flights my ears hurts
    This review seems to address the earphone fatigue issue:

Skullcandy Hesh are one of the better options I have personally tried that have a good sound quality, good battery life, and very comfortable to wear without spending a huge amount of money. With your budget you will be able to get the regular Hesh or the ANC version if you want to block out extra noise. Beware that ANC will pull you down below the 30 hours of battery life you are looking for though.

I've never done 12 hours wearing them. But I have done just under 8 without discomfort or sweating for example. If I am wearing for a long time I personally tend to prefer wearing small in-ear wired headphones. Skullcandy Dub/Jib with the factory fitted tips fit perfectly into my ears, and they are so small that I can comfortably lie down even on my side and sleep with them in place. With them, I could easily go more than 12 hours.

For the cheaper end of the headphone market Skullcandy are always my go-to favourite for the comfort especially. Just keep in mind that their product almost always are designed to give bass a little more of a kick, just in case you were hoping for something perfectly balanced.
    Author
    Hesh anc showed 22hours that's decent ! only 100£ that's look nice . Do you think it's worth to wait for black friday and they could drop even more ?:D
    I developed temporary titanus when I used to listen to music for 8 hours straight every day! I would recommend you give your ears a rest, else you will end up damaging your ears.

They feel uncomfortable because they are trying to tell you to pack it in.

Nowadays, I use headphones for an hour at a time before giving my ears a rest.

If you use headphones for more than an hour, I would suggest over the head rather than in the ear as the external headphones don't put as much pressure on the eardrums as the in the ear ones. (edited)
    The OP is after over ear headphones not buds.
    Most recent over ear ANC pair for me (apart from the Renewed Soundcore Q45 I got) were the QCY H3, but battery life lets them down. They sound better, have better ANC and Transparency than the Tronsmart Apollo Q10 / Soundcore Q30 I was using previously (same chipset in both).

Can be purchased for under £30 if you look at the Aliexpress app / SuperDeals.

The Tronsmart have amazing battery life (estimated up to 100 hours - it would be weeks charging them versus the QCY's days - I always have ANC on!) but they are a bit older now - and have touch controls. 233621 Hush headphones are a clone of the Tronsmart (as are the Rolfstone Focus, though there's slight differences in sound) and seem pretty much the same. Unfortunately I had three (!) pairs of the Apollo Q10 and they all broke at the hinge near the headband. I was really attached to these

Maybe you could think about stretching your headphones a bit to reduce clamping, if that's the issue. (Stretching them a little overnight between, say, books or something that are a few inches wider).

There was an AmazonCommercial ANC (with transparency mode) headset recently, circa £20 (now up in price by about £8, supposedly a clone of the Epos Sennheiser Adapt 360 / Sennheiser HD 450BT - thanks to Deal_Executive), but they didn't seem to have any padding around the headband, which could be a huge minus.

TL;DR: Battery life on the Soundcore Q45 seems better than the QCY H3, so I'd go for those if you don't mind buying Renewed or even brand new (in recent times both grades have been around £75 or less on HUKD!). (edited)
    Sennheiser Momentum 4 Wireless. You'll forget you have to charge them.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read the budget part. (edited)
's avatar