Posted 2 days ago

Help on getting a flight refunded from TravelUp

I bought a BA flight from Heathrow-Cairo and Amman-Heathrow to depart in Feb but decided to cancel because of the ongoing war. I paid £457.34 for the return tickets. I sent a cancellation email to TravelUp and they replied to say that my ticket is 100% non-refundable and in the event of cancellation I am entitled to get a partial refund of £12.20 of unused airport taxes. They don't offer credit as well.

Please advice/help me on how to get my refund from TravelUp.

Kind regards,
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    So you knowingly bought a non refundable ticket, changed your mind about travelling and are now expecting all the money back?
    Sums it up rather well
    They havent done anything wrong here that I can see. You bought a none refundable none transferable ticket (presumably as it was less than the flexible ones) and arent happy now that they are not refunding it.

Unless there is something in the T&C's around it, or forgein office advice changes (at which its more likely you'll need to refund from your insurance) there isn't anything you can do.
    I bought a ticket for a relative from these online agents and told him that it was wholly non-refundable. But he went for it cos he wanted to save about £50

Then changed his mind....and expected me to get him a full refund!

I told him to do one! He decided to fly out as scheduled in the end
    Not much chance
    Can't post link to site, as the site is banned on hukd (edited)
    There are different classes of tickets e.g Y, M, Q and so on. Yours was probably the cheapest class and nonrefundable type. You should check your ticket and terms and conditions and let people on this thread before someone can give you realistic views /advice.
    It happened to me with an online agent, we payed £2200 for our tickets but had to cancel due to unforseen circumstances and we were refunded £1400 so lost about £800. This is always the problem with booking in advance!
    Problem is only partly in booking in advance. When booking in advance online, people are not fully aware of the class of tickets they are buying and usually go for the cheapest which have restrictions regarding cancellations, refunds, rebooking (as to how many times including charges) etc. While booking with an agent face to face, one should be made aware of exactly what type of tickets they are buying and conditions attached.
's avatar