Posted 10 November 2023

Honor Magic 5 Pro Vs Google Pixel 8 Pro (256gb)

I have some vouchers so do I go for this honor or go for the 256gb pixel 8 pro? With current deals and my vouchers they are similar priced. Advice will be appreciated. I have always kept a closed eye on the magic pro 5 and now the pixel 8 pro has appeared and made it a difficult decision.
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I currently have the pixel 7 pro, just bought the wife the magic 5 pro - have to say I love my pixel a lot, but after playing around and setting up the magic 5 pro for her I do feel like I prefer that to the pixel! Screen is way brighter on the magic, the processor is faster and with their skin and you can feel the difference, and to be honest for me it blows the P7P camera out the water. If I had a chance to go back and change / swap to that now I'd do it! Yes I know I'm putting it against the P7P not the P8P but I'd still take the magic over the 8. Dont think you'd be too disappointed in either tho
    I must say, my decision is similar. I prefer the google smart features (call screen etc), but I don't like having the at a glance feature and the permanent Google search bar. Both a bit of a pain imo.
    Both decent devices though and you can't go wrong here ultimately.
    The honor does have a better processor though.
    I like my phone have 7 years of update guaranteed, this Chinese phone (or whatever it is) will definitely not have that 😁
    Not sure if it's a good idea to use a smartphone for 7 years...IMHO
's avatar