Posted 28 November 2020

I need a film to watch tonight...

I need a blinder of a film to watch tonight - what is your recommendation?

I have seen most of the blockbusters and popular films...

I don't mind the genre apart from rom-com.

Have Netflix and other sources...

Thanks!
Community Updates
New Comment

74 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    City of God if you can find it and don't mind a foreign film with English subtitles
    The Chicago 7 or The last full measure .
    Dark Waters (new-ish film on Prime)
    Memento if you haven't seen it is great.
    Freddy got fingered
    The green Mile
    Shaving Ryan's privates
    La Haine - if you don’t mind a foreign language movie
    I watched Train to Busan and Reykjavik - Rotterdam. Loved them both.
    Lion
    Three I enjoyed recently:

Unhinged (cannot remember where I watched - apologies!)
    I See You (available on Netflix)
    The Hunt (available on Now TV)
    Borat 2?
    Haunting of hill house is a good series if u like horror. Second series just out too haunting of bly manor
    In Bruges
    Toy Story 3.
    A Siberian Film. Highly recommended.
    All on an inspirational theme - Dead Poets Society, Coach Carter, Remember the Titans, Rudy, Spartacus
    On Netflix

O Brother Where Art Thou
    Spider-man Into The Spiderverse
    The Other Guys
    True Romance
    Misery
    Kelly’s heroes, hateful 8, a few dollars more, rooster cogburn, old ones are the best(y)
    Contagion
    BadMF28/11/2020 19:40

A Siberian Film. Highly recommended.

I am sure this is banned is it not
    Shazam

13 hours
    I know I'm probably too late and you're already watching something but I thought I'd mention these two:

Upgrade

Code 8

Two films that I'd call "Indie" and not your usual blockbuster fare. Upgrade was surprisingly good and I'd never heard of Code 8 and was also pleasantly surprised. Both are futuristic Sci-Fi thrillers with a bit of action thrown in for good measure.

Hope you enjoy whatever you watch!
    rimalpatel00728/11/2020 20:51

Shazam13 hours

13 hours was a fab film if it’s the right one I’m thinking off
    Author
    Phsycronix28/11/2020 20:57

I know I'm probably too late and you're already watching something but I …I know I'm probably too late and you're already watching something but I thought I'd mention these two:UpgradeCode 8Two films that I'd call "Indie" and not your usual blockbuster fare. Upgrade was surprisingly good and I'd never heard of Code 8 and was also pleasantly surprised. Both are futuristic Sci-Fi thrillers with a bit of action thrown in for good measure.Hope you enjoy whatever you watch!

Watched code 8 as my choice...fantastic and so pleased I asked for advice! Kudos to you!
    Author
    Phsycronix30/11/2020 09:49

Did you enjoy it? I'm glad. I quite like when I get surprised by a movie …Did you enjoy it? I'm glad. I quite like when I get surprised by a movie that seems as if it's going to be low budget 'pap' - then turns out quite the opposite. It seemed as if it was going to be a bit "District 9/Chappie" but then they didn't use that 'aspect' of it to death. I can quite see the 'drone' scenario becoming more of a thing in the future though, eh?Unless you've already seen it - do give "Upgrade" a watch too. That too was surprisingly good.All the best, Phsy.

I liked the fact the superpowers were understated and more believable rather than just laser eyes or super hero suit...how they dealt with the gifted ones as somehow inferior when they were to all intents superior. The droids dropping from the drones was a good touch too...
    Author
    theposter28/11/2020 20:23

The Invitation....still had nightmares the next day!, not your average …The Invitation....still had nightmares the next day!, not your average psychological horror movie..on netflix

Watched this last night...flipping weird but quite enjoyable at the same time...thanks!
    bd1981bd30/11/2020 20:47

I actually forgot that I saw upgrade but the name is quite generic so I …I actually forgot that I saw upgrade but the name is quite generic so I glossed over it...I did enjoy it to be fair...cool evil genius.

Upgrade & code 8 were both great little hidden gems. Don’t know if you’ve seen the film “Freaks” - it’s on Netflix. Sci-if/fantasy movie starring the venerable Bruce Dern.
    The Emperor of Paris

Really good.
    Mostly in French, but even for a heathen like me, it was east to follow and enjoyable with or without subtitles
    Author
    I feel like everyone should have a copy of this list...if one person can watch one movie gem they would never otherwise have seen it must be worth a read...
    Author
    Karis28/11/2020 18:48

Three I enjoyed recently:Unhinged (cannot remember where I watched - …Three I enjoyed recently:Unhinged (cannot remember where I watched - apologies!)I See You (available on Netflix)The Hunt (available on Now TV)

Seen the hunt...thanks for your reply!
    Author
    danielonline28/11/2020 18:51

Borat 2? Haunting of hill house is a good series if u like horror. Second …Borat 2? Haunting of hill house is a good series if u like horror. Second series just out too haunting of bly manor

Seen Borat 2 but thanks for your reply!
    Karis28/11/2020 18:48

Three I enjoyed recently:Unhinged (cannot remember where I watched - …Three I enjoyed recently:Unhinged (cannot remember where I watched - apologies!)I See You (available on Netflix)The Hunt (available on Now TV)

What!?!? They’re all terrible
    The wrong missy
    The forigner
    Murder mystery
    Author
    Thanks to you all...
    cossy328/11/2020 19:14

What!?!? They’re all terrible

Fine for you to think so preferences are personal!
    I’m just watching The Shining again before watching Doctor Sleep.
    Not sure if they are on them sites or not but some good movies that may be hidden and not seen? Horrors

Orphan
    The Belko Experiment
    Dusk Till Dawn
    The Guest
    Terrifier
    Hell Fest
    Cam
    Girlhouse (edited)
    Author
    Thanks for all your comments I have added them all to Netflix add list where possible and available - appreciate the effort in replying! Just need popcorn now!
    Step Brothers
    One hour photo
    The Croods 2 A new age
    Daybreakers
's avatar