Posted 1 September 2023

iPhone 7 battery - rapid drainage

Hello, I’m hoping someone can help please

I have done what google says, and deleted recent apps, but I don’t know if it would leave files behind, which I believe was the main cause, because it started when I installed a game I seen on here, but I can’t remember what it’s called, it was posted like a week ago

anyway, my battery used to last all day, but now it’s like less than 30 minutes

each day it loses another 8% on battery, it now switches off, at 51%

I’ll finish this later, because it’s about to go

thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

21 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    sorry I thought i mentioned, about a year ago, I had my battery changed, so it still says 100%, but the battery is not an official apple one, I’m hoping they do a deal on new batteries, and I’ll send it to apple
    U need to get a genuine apple battery as I had the exact same problem on my iPhone 7 a year ago and changed it to a genuine one off ebay and now the phone lasts ages(although I only really use it for Google maps). I bought the genuine battery of ebay as there are a number of sellers on there with the original batteries but only go for the ones with 100% health
    iPhone 7 is years old, The battery is probably knackered and on a grave shift.
    If you think it might be something a game has left behind, why not reset the phone. If the same thing reoccurs then you’ll know it’s the battery.
    Author
    I was going to do this, but I’ll lose all of my, banking app logins (I actually don’t remember them, but my thumbprint does)
    I'm almost certain that your iPhone battery needs to be replaced. Both my iPhone and ipad started to do this after a few years. I'm not sure if it's worth the cost though. Maybe time for an upgrade
    Author
    I was going to give the iPhone to my father,, and I was hoping to get a pixel 6a
    I thought this was quite common on iphones happened to me and I blamed myself for charging it at any percentage. To be fair I did try my best to only charge when less than 20% but this may not even be a factor, just me blaming me lol
    Author
    I usually charge at 3-5%, then take it off charge, at 92-96%
    Author
    EDIT - I have 10gb of storage left, so not low

I noticed today, I was using my phone, and it got down to 35%, then I connected WiFi, then literally 1 second later, my battery died

and now I’ve been on 52% for the last 20 minutes
    What's the battery health?
    What’s the battery health %?
    If it's any consolation my phone's the sa
    They are rubbish but so is the 8 and 2020se. So when you can afford to upgrade get something above those.
    Author
    EDIT - I did an app update on 98%, and it said waiting for 10 minutes, then it turned off on 80% to 0% battery..

and I know I’m being paranoid on this, but I used to get like 1 spam email, but since my phone started doing this, I’ve been getting like 20+ a day.. and one was saying, I have control of your device, and I have made it not work properly, unless you send me money, it will never work again, blah blah blah.. like I said I know I’m being paranoid, but the timing and wording, just got in my head, and it’s messing with my brain, I just need reassurance that it’s just a unlucky coincidence, I’m sorry

I’ll now reply to your messages, thank you for your time
    Author
    thanks for the help folks, I now have my eye on some eBay listings, some with tools, but I don’t feel confident enough about doing it myself…
's avatar