Posted 12 October 2023

Microwave with Stainless Steel Interior

Are there any steel models you have been happy with and recommend?

My one is chipping away at the lower frame after 3 years, I wish I'd brought a steel interior then.

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd be interested to know to as mine lasts about the same 3 years before it rusts. I keep it dry as possible with new one. But same thing happens.

Edit: seems these products are around more now. Also there's choice of ceramic or stainless steel. Not sure which is better against rust. (edited)
    You don't really know if its actually stainless steel or just normal steel with a clear lacquer coating. I would opt for a ceramic coating myself and not take the risk.
    I've always had good service from Panasonic . Current combi is 8 years old flatbed type with Stainless Steel interior. As they do say though 'They don't make 'em like they used to' , so you never know what current stuff is like from any manufacturer. Try and find one with a good warranty.
    Author
    What's the model name of yours?
    My old Panasonic combination is all steel inside, have to admit it was the first thing I looked for when buying it.

I didn’t even realise that you could get microwaves without a stainless steel interior. My microwave in India was a cheapie that I purchased here and took over and that also has a steel interior.
    I spent a lot of time hunting for the cheapest S/S interior and ended up getting this BUT it is no longer as cheap as when I bought it. Still, it seems a good unit to me, with easy controls and a beep that informs rather than alarms you.

EDIT: I do not know why the link won't work, as I have checked it and re-copied it but anyway, it is product code 800000403 (edited)
's avatar