Posted 5 October 2021

Music Magpie - iPhone Conditions

Has anyone bought an iphone from Music Magpie marked as "good" condition?
Is it genuinely good? Or just luck with what you get?

I need to get my mum a new phone so I'm just looking at a basic iphone x/xr - so also worried about the battery life too if not been replaced on a 2/3 year old device?
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    My current phone was from them, can’t remember whether it was classed as good or excellent though. No problems with it and the condition was great. Just ordered an upgrade off them via ebay as we had 2 discount offers.
    I've had "Good" iPhones show up from MusicMagpie in pristine condition several times.
    Gollywood05/10/2021 14:28

@Misslovely will know, she's a music macpie expert

His missed 20% off yesterday.

Op wait for the discount again and buy her very good as good is for kids and teens really or if your tight in budget it will do.
    Do expect small scratches around it or 1 deep scratch.
    Very good is 1-3 odd light scratch that’s all so yeah
    Misslovely05/10/2021 14:32

His missed 20% off yesterday. Op wait for the discount again and buy her …His missed 20% off yesterday. Op wait for the discount again and buy her very good as good is for kids and teens really or if your tight in budget it will do. Do expect small scratches around it or 1 deep scratch. Very good is 1-3 odd light scratch that’s all so yeah

Macpie Expert (edited)
    Author
    That's good to hear, thank you. Any issues with battery, did it have full health?
    Author
    Also, £242 for an XR sound about right?
    Pay with PayPal, free returns if the phone isn't acceptable.

I bought a "good" iPhone 7 for my niece's first phone (starting secondary, wanted her to be able to contact home). Phones was in a decent condition, minor scratches, screen was fine. Sadly the battery was only at 75% capacity. I contacted them, they said no worries return it, and gave a prepaid postage return label.

I ended up keeping the phone, new battery was only £30 fitted, and the ebay code I used gave a decent discount anyway.

If the only thing wrong with the phone is the battery, might be worth just swapping it. At least that way, it'll be 100%.
    mrbojangles9005/10/2021 10:41

That's good to hear, thank you. Any issues with battery, did it have full …That's good to hear, thank you. Any issues with battery, did it have full health?

No issues with battery and the phone still had apple warranty. Hopefully my new phone will be as good
    will know, she's a music macpie expert
    Author
    Misslovely05/10/2021 14:32

His missed 20% off yesterday. Op wait for the discount again and buy her …His missed 20% off yesterday. Op wait for the discount again and buy her very good as good is for kids and teens really or if your tight in budget it will do. Do expect small scratches around it or 1 deep scratch. Very good is 1-3 odd light scratch that’s all so yeah

Ah that's good insight - I did see there was a 10% offer at the moment, I might hang on then
    mrbojangles9005/10/2021 15:43

Ah that's good insight - I did see there was a 10% offer at the moment, I …Ah that's good insight - I did see there was a 10% offer at the moment, I might hang on then

It’s eBay 15% off offer and they do it every 2/3 weeks and sometimes every week .
    Was On last week and this weekend.
    Earlier this year we purchased an iPhone 11 Pro from them (good condition) and yes it was in very good condition with no visible signs of wear n tear as previous owner clearly looked after it , HOWEVER the battery was not good as the health was down to 82% , decided to keep it as in the long run it would cost less to replace the battery compared to a high health battery iPhone that may have a large screen scratch that would cost more to fix/replace so still think it was an ok deal .
's avatar