Posted 3 October 2023

Nest thermostat installation help.

Is anyone here familiar with the installation of a nest thermostat? I have most of it figured out but would be grateful if someone could confirm a few things before I cut any of the wires. PM me if you are able to assist. Saved up for the device and don't want to have to fork out again for the installation as everyone is charging too much around here.
Community Updates
New Comment

16 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Take a photo of the controller where you are going to put it & another exposing the wiring behind the controller.

Not sure you should be cutting any wires at all.
    no reply in 11hrs.

think someone may need to nip round and check on him! (edited)
    Is it a Nest or a Nest E?

If its a Nest then you need to connect the Heat Link to the boiler and not the thermostat.
    I am pretty sure they need the nest with multiple inputs & not the 2 wire.
    I have had a look at the below page 13 & it seems your thermostat is a 2 wire thermostat & you have 4 wires. Problem being no one can tell you which wire is which without it being a guess, or even if it is the right thermostat for the wiring.
    I can only advise you get a pro in or maybe call customer support.
    I think you probably have bought the wrong thermostat & you should have bought the one with multiple connections.
    Sorry I cannot help.
    manualslib.com/man…=13
    You need to see where those 4 wires are going to in the boiler.
    Where's the heat link?
    What was connected to the wires previously? Make and model.
    Author
    The heatlink would be in the garage next to the boiler.

This below is a picture I have of the old thermostat. Only 2 wires were connected to the old thermostat as well? Could this be the 2 12V cable that is required for the nest as well?

51130285-7J2Zr.jpg (edited)
's avatar