Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 17 January 2024

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Super Graphics Card

4282380_1.jpgThe live launch of the first super is here.
store.nvidia.com/en-…ore
RTX 4070 Super 12GB FE from the nvidia store..

Community Updates
New Comment

92 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Already OOS. Partner models surprisingly at Msrp available on Scan's website for anyone interested. (edited)
    Decent behaviour of Scan so far, unlike those scummy gets over at Overclockers whom I've avoided like the plague since 2020.
    For what it's worth I think Hardware Unboxed warned people off the Gigabyte model.
    Is the 4070 and 4070 Ti likely to drop because of this? Been waiting to upgrade my graphics card for a while.
    I reckon so but not right away. Stores will drop prices when the sales figures drop.
    Worth upgrade Vs 8gb 3070?
    I'd wait for next gen and get a 16gb Vram card. The uptick isn't enough for the £580, the 3070 sells for about 250, so after fees and postage of selling your 3070 you're looking at close to £400 for a 50% performance increase, it's not worth it. If you're on a lower 2000 series card or 1000 series, then it's probably worth a look at upgrading.
    Scan has a lot in stock that aren't FE for the same price if anyone wanted one:
    scan.co.uk/sho…rds
    Why are all these £350 gpus being listed for 579
    This 'launch' makes me just want to stick with console gaming. Cheaper, convenient and less cheaters. (edited)
    A common console owner argument of course, but the cost difference is easily debatable over time. PC players simply pay for everything up front.
    So glad I bought a 3060Ti years ago and decided to stick at 1080p forever, this GPU game is ridiculous.
    I'm on the same card @1440p (and also 1800p) and I'm holding the line, or at least I'm determined to. If the 16gb Ti Super version had somehow launched at this price I'd have relented and purchased, but this one just isn't worth it. 12gb vram is like knowingly buying into problems as far as future proofing goes with this GPU.
    Scalpers will have a great time when eBay pass on their sales details and they’re suddenly liable for tax. I’d have thought this would have put them off. Still can’t decide if it’s a worthwhile upgrade from a 3060ti….. my performance in ark is not great though
    I’ve purchased this card to replace my 3060ti.
    Just need those extra few drops of power for my virtual pinball cab.
    I think the added bonus is that the 4000 series are pretty energy efficient so no need to upgrade my psu from 750watt
    The 3060ti has been great. (edited)
    And she’s gone….. (not this game again )
    Will be on sale for the low price of 800 quid
    Here's hoping the 4080S will be available easily in 2weeks...
    This went out of stock in 3 minutes. I bought mine at 2 on the dot and continued to watch until 2:03. The next best was the ASUS Dual for £579 from Scan but I think that has gone now too.
    Why are ppl panic buying it though this is not some epic deal, will be restocked with same proce soon?
    They could have at least put 16GB Vram in it.
    It's probably the only thing keeping me on the sensible path
    Paper launch
    Already on ebay for £725
    Don't get it is it even worth going to the trouble of selling these on eBay? After fees and transport he's left with 100 something but it's quite the risk if he gets a return with a brick in it.
    The mental strategising I do over this stuff is beyond stupid; I am planning on holding out for the 5000 series, but I'm already doom mongering internally about how outrageously overpriced and OOS they're probably going to be come the time. But it gets worse: I'm thinking the 4080 Super might be the "wiser" purchase at the end of the month. Why? I dunno, how about what if China attacks Taiwan this year?

If that happened, then I'd potentially stuck with my current GPU indefinitely. Which is just unacceptable.
    would you consider AMD? if not then why?
    Already OOS
    Thankyou
    That was quick!
    That went oos quick. I managed to grab one luckily at 2pm on the dot.
    Makes me wonder what price next generation consoles will cost £550+? It doesn't bode well for us console gamers (edited)
    it's a different pricing model. console owners usually pay a monthly fee to get online
    pc owners don't
    so the console is subidised by the longer-term contract fees
    thanks!
    [deleted]
    Did you actually manage to buy one? It says out of stock when you click into it.
    Great card I’ve been delighted with my 4070 and for the same price I paid it’s a great deal !
    They appear to have stock again.
    Just check right now and it showing FE is currently in stock
    Do they actually charge for delivery lol?
    Yeah Scan.co.uk does and its £6
    I've just added one to my basket OK:

52002092-Foe5I.jpg
    Available now but changed my mind at checkout. Don't think +30% frame rate will make that much difference to the end experience for me.
    This should be re-instated as it is back in stock. I suspect there has been a sneaky trick played at 2pm by marking it as out of stock after a few minutes. Maybe to cause panic or impulse buying?

Interestingly I did not get the email about these being available until just now. Definitely playing games with us. (edited)
    I've just "unexpired" it (there's an option to do this below the OP and above "You may also like".). (edited)
    Am I going mad or does the MSI have better specs?
    I’ve gone for the MSI card.
    In stock 17:22.
    Someone has already listed a Gigabyte for £800 on Ebay.
    How does this compare to a 3070ti
    My one has some artifcating issues sometimes so I want to get rid of it but not sure what card to upgrade to
    40% faster when Vram is not an issue. Way more power efficient. Daniel Owen on Youtube has compared them directly.
's avatar