Posted 2 May 2022

Parking Settle free outskirts street parking ??

Hi Can anyone advice re parking in Settle / Craven outskirts free street parking please Weds/ Thursday
Thank You
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    aw0802/05/2022 15:07

are there any side streets out of town..... do you know

Not really. It is quite a small place. The road going out of town towards Skipton is quite wide, and there are a couple of residential streets down there. That would be about a mile from the station. Out by the falcon manor hotel.
    I'm trying to Google map those locations and it just gives me a bunch of roads near me in London.

How I do it is I Google map the area then pick random roads near by and check the road view. If painted markings I look for a road sign for times of parking restrictions.

Then pick another road a block over and repeat. Eventually you'll get a road with free parking.

Edit;

Seems my Google maps isn't working

Edit 2:

Cleared cache. By looking on Google maps there are more roads with no markings compared to roads with. (edited)
    The car park in the middle is free but small. There's a leisure centre/swimming pool with a car park too on the outskirts towards Giggleswick. Booths has a big car park too, if you don't mind being a shopper. On street parking would be an issue in the centre as the streets are narrow and winding, but there's a small industrial park between the town centre and the river you might have more luck in.
    Author
    thanks for in for don' t mind walking heading to station ....so happy to walk ...don't need centre parking .. quite outskirts be good thank you

kos1c02/05/2022 09:48

I'm trying to Google map those locations and it just gives me a bunch of …I'm trying to Google map those locations and it just gives me a bunch of roads near me in London. How I do it is I Google map the area then pick random roads near by and check the road view. If painted markings I look for a road sign for times of parking restrictions. Then pick another road a block over and repeat. Eventually you'll get a road with free parking.Edit;Seems my Google maps isn't workingEdit 2:Cleared cache. By looking on Google maps there are more roads with no markings compared to roads with.

unsure what you mean here ..but thank you ..
    ?? many free streets to park ... tnxs (edited)
    aw0802/05/2022 10:34

thanks for in for don' t mind walking heading to station ....so happy to …thanks for in for don' t mind walking heading to station ....so happy to walk ...don't need centre parking .. quite outskirts be good thank youunsure what you mean here ..but thank you ..?? many free streets to park ... tnxs

There is parking at the station, though not a lot.
    kos1c02/05/2022 09:48

I'm trying to Google map those locations and it just gives me a bunch of …I'm trying to Google map those locations and it just gives me a bunch of roads near me in London. How I do it is I Google map the area then pick random roads near by and check the road view. If painted markings I look for a road sign for times of parking restrictions. Then pick another road a block over and repeat. Eventually you'll get a road with free parking.Edit;Seems my Google maps isn't workingEdit 2:Cleared cache. By looking on Google maps there are more roads with no markings compared to roads with.

This is what I always do. even when i park my car close to airports for weeks on end for free (trick is never park in front of someones house).
    Try the AppyParking+ app, tells you timetables of yellows and paid/resident bays (in London at least)
    Author
    psychobitchfromhell02/05/2022 10:54

There is parking at the station, though not a lot.

are there any side streets out of town..... do you know
's avatar