Posted 11 October 2023

Phone contract deals

As my previous couple of posts have probably suggested, I’m a little bit out of the game when it comes to new phones and contracts.
My contract has now unexpectedly finished and I’m looking to get a new one.
Do phone contract ‘deals’ tend to come up on Black Friday? I’ve got no issue with waiting but was wondering whether it’d likely be worth waiting or not.
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'm sure you'll find offers nearer the time but if you do find something now and feel it's a good deal then consider it as you never know if it'll be available at the same price.

If, however, there's no rush then certainly keep an eye out for whichever phone you're interested in and compare the deals available at the time.
    Keep an eye on the deals section as deals come up all the time. I find that it is cheaper to get the phone on sale and then buy a SIM only plan as phone contracts don't seem to be as value as they used to be.
    I’ve had really good Black Friday deals before but last year didn’t find anything I fancied, waited on into January and found an iphone 14 deal on here that I’ve yet to see beaten so I’d wait and keep checking 
    Following, just to see how to acquire phone contract that unexpectedly finishes.
    Author
    Not in the slightest bit exciting so I hope you haven’t cancelled your evening plans to wait for info.
    My sim-only contract was meant to be up in January, but last month it allowed me to switch early to a cheaper 30 day rolling contract plan which is now up.
    So you want a new phone, new contract and a new network, correct?

What phone do you have, how much data do you need, which network do you want or want to avoid and how much are you happy to pay a month?

There’s a Pixel 7a deal on TalkMobile for £16pm with a small up front cost that’s actually a great deal imo.
's avatar