Posted 11 September 2023

PlayStation 5 broken - Sony repair

We had a crazy lightning storm and my PS 5 (out of warranty) has gone kaput. The sky box also but not worried about that.
I see Sony offer a repair service for £240 to get it fixed.
Has anyone used this before and if so what was the experience? Rather not have to buy a new one.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Echo above.

Also, just for you information really, used PlayStation repair, when my drive stopped working, after 11 months, they sent it back, after 2 weeks, and it was even worse than before. A real headache to sort.

Maybe a one off but it may help aid your decision.

Good luck!
    Check Facebook for local repairers - chap in one of the local groups I am a member of started a console repair business over lockdown - still seems to be going strong.

Where are you based?
    Totally agree. Might want to call up a few businesses looking for a quote. Me + my dad has repaired loads of consoles (although noting, these are retro consoles not modern) that has had electrical issues where there's been lightning or it just being wet and have been able to fix them up.

Worth seeing if someone could take it in and see about repairing
    I assume you've checked the obvious fuse in the plug?

at £240 for a repair I think I'd be tempted to sell on ebay as faulty (selling at £200-£250 faulty) and buy a brand new one
    Maybe a sign to get surge protectors in your house
    Have you got house insurance?
    Author
    Yeah but the excess is £200 and they’d pay towards the repair rather than just provide a new one
's avatar