Posted 13 October 2023

Rocksmith 2014, the guitar teaching game similar to Guitar Hero... Will be removed from stores very shortly!

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-au/game/rocksmith/plus/news-updates/2aWHQHdEaMlORjQqmJwzmg/rocksmith-2014-leaving-stores#:~:text=Rocksmith%202014%20will%20be%20removed%20from%20all%20digital%20storefronts%20on,Yes.

I can't see any deals as such for this at the moment, but I can't recommend this game enough and it is being removed from gaming stores soon. You'll still be able to buy the physical version but all DLC is already being removed at the moment.

i spent literally over 100 hours on this and went from not being able to play a note to be able to follow through on loads of songs and learn chords that I once thought were impossible.

If you can, buy it from the steam store with the cherub rock DLC and then you should be set to import custom songs still once it has been removed.
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Is the disc import tool worth getting?
    I thought I heard there will be another guitar teaching game coming out soon, not sure if it was an updated Rocksmith or not. Oh perhaps it was Rocksmith+ (edited)
    That's only relevant if you bought the first Rocksmith with DLC, you need the import tool to move them to 2014.
    I saw this alert pop up yesterday... just as I'd restarted playing it! I decided to get my A in gear and get my guitar off the wall where it's gathered far too much dust.

Annoyingly it's not particularly cheap on Steam, and I can't find it any cheaper anywhere else. So I can imagine those who might be tempted would be put off by it's price.
    Author
    If you get it on steam I read you can use your guitar through a generic USB cable or through an audio interface instead of having to buy the official Rocksmith cable which is pretty good though. And it'll be the only place to add any custom dlc as well so definitely the best place to get it I think.