Posted 18 May 2023

Sim only deal that works with Apple Watch and has roaming

Hi all,
I’m looking for a sim only deal that has a data plan for an Apple Watch included too.

currently paying £12.50pm for 10gb with EE and £1.33pm for a Watch plan so £13.88 in total. I know I have a bargain Watch plan atm (most are £7) but I fancy more data without paying the earth and I’m off on hols soon and EE’s roaming plan is an absolute rip off at £15pm.

Operators like Id mobile etc are out because they won’t do the Watch plan unless there’s a way round it?

any suggestions? Thanks

edit: EE have just offered me 10gb for £10pm (or £12 for 12gb) but the speed is capped at 25mbps and obviously roaming is on top.
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Only the main providers will offer it and most charge an extra £6 per month

Just stick to Bluetooth you don't need cellular for a smart watch.
    Author
    Missing my need. I run and exercise away from home a lot and i dislike having carrying a phone with me. The cellular smart watch is a great answer to this as I can keep in touch with ppl/wife and listen to music/radio without having to carry my phone.
    How did you get the watch plan for so cheap?
    Author
    I don’t know, it was just an option when I was going through the setup menus on my phone back in 2021. Maybe I just got lucky.

I just phoned to get my ee pac. They gave me the pac for my phone but said I could keep my watch plan going. Seems pretty strange and not sure how it would work??
's avatar