Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 2 days ago

Sony's PS5 is dying!

Sony's latest quarterly report shows they have cut sales forecasts by 4 million and that they have no major first-party titles being released in the 2024 financial year.

End of an era?

Source: sony.com/en/…pdf
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Considering how long this generation of consoles have been available, there's still not that many must have titles. Quite a few of the games are tarted up last generation games.
    All consoles will be die out eventually and be replaced with streaming services. Stadia was ahead of the game but clearly people weren't quite ready for it yet.
    And the fact many despise digital and once we are fully digital the same will ditch gaming I for one am not buying into a paying for nothing future digital for me means game over
    I think my Ps4 pro will be the last console from PlayStation. When they kill the servers for the games I play. That's it. Adios.
    Author
    No....the PS5 is not dying!

Rather, this was a tongue-in-cheek post (based on actual news) to contrast against the doom and gloom around xbox (based purely on rumours).

Statistics can be spun multiple ways, and rumours are largely meaningless.
    That would only be of any relevance when comparing it to XBox data & future games.

Without that information it means jack all.
    they have no major first-party titles being released in the 2024 financial year

Reading must be hard for people. They said no existing IP first party games for the next financial year.

That being said, as nothing has been shown yet I doubt we'll be seeing any *new* IP major first party games either.

I do like that they're looking more into putting their games onto PC. Hopefully day 1 on PC is coming sooner rather than later. (edited)
    Everyone’s waiting for GTA6 to buy a PS5
    Sales will go up once xbox games are announced for PS5
    Which metric do you want?

PS5 hardware unit sales in the quarter were 8.2 million units, which
    fell short of the target to hit our annual shipment target of 25 million
    units, but was a record high number of quarterly unit sales for PS5,
    and PS5 cumulative sales have exceeded 50 million units.

Consolidated sales for the quarter were 3 trillion 747.5 billion yen, a
    significant increase of 22% compared to the same quarter of the
    previous fiscal year (“year-on-year”), a record high on a quarterly
    basis, and consolidated operating income increased 41.8 billion yen
    year-on-year to 463.3 billion yen, the second highest level on a
    quarterly basis. (edited)
's avatar