Posted 22 March 2022

Starling, Revolut or Wise for Turkey?

Guys can you suggest which of the online banks is the best one to use in Turkey, to spend in restaurants or to take money out from atm.
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I'd recommend Chase, has £700 foreign atm withdrawal limit which is the biggest from all the ones out there. Normal card spending is charged at Mastercard rate just like all the others without fees on top.
    Monzo.

Only because I use Monzo Daily and also Used Monzo in Turkey too. I know both Monzo and Starling are good. Revoult isnt bad, know nothing about wise, never heard of them.
    Chase gives you 1% cashback on your spending in the first 12 months, too.
    Used Revolut Turkey, Mid East and Asia. No problems
    Author
    Myriad22/03/2022 16:57

I'd recommend Chase, has £700 foreign atm withdrawal limit which is the …I'd recommend Chase, has £700 foreign atm withdrawal limit which is the biggest from all the ones out there. Normal card spending is charged at Mastercard rate just like all the others without fees on top.

Isn’t chase a business only account?
    I've a revolut card. I change the pounds over to TL when it's a really good rate rather than let it do it on the fly. Always worked for me. There's a £200 monthly withdrawal limit before fee's of about 20p a go kick in.

Zero fees/limit using it as contact less or paying for meals/shops etc on chip and pin. (edited)
    Author
    tcf22/03/2022 18:07

smith2001uk22/03/2022 18:14

I've a revolut card. I change the pounds over to TL when it's a really …I've a revolut card. I change the pounds over to TL when it's a really good rate rather than let it do it on the fly. Always worked for me. There's a £200 monthly withdrawal limit before fee's of about 20p a go kick in.Zero fees using it as contact less or paying for meals/shops etc on chip and pin.

I have that option to change it on Wise also, but one thing I don’t understand, will it use the stored turkish lira from my account when accessing atms or using card at shops?

tcf22/03/2022 18:07

Oh thank you for that, I won’t have time to order chase card now as my flight is tomorrow (edited)
    Use starling for Argentina YouTube premium, perfect as no extra charges or interest added on. I imagine Turkey would be the same.
    JawadAli22/03/2022 18:22

I have that option to change it on Wise also, but one thing I don’t u …I have that option to change it on Wise also, but one thing I don’t understand, will it use the stored turkish lira from my account when accessing atms or using card at shops?Oh thank you for that, I won’t have time to order chase card now as my flight is tomorrow

Mine does. I've mostly used it for euros or when I visited the North of Cyprus I loaded TL. It always took from that balance before it converted £ then € balances. When I went to mainland Turkey I loaded that too into the turkey balance area. It always took from that first.
    darthvader666uk22/03/2022 16:40

Monzo.Only because I use Monzo Daily and also Used Monzo in Turkey too. I …Monzo.Only because I use Monzo Daily and also Used Monzo in Turkey too. I know both Monzo and Starling are good. Revoult isnt bad, know nothing about wise, never heard of them.

All are good. Wise was earlier called TransferWise, very well known and excellent experience.
    smith2001uk22/03/2022 18:14

I've a revolut card. I change the pounds over to TL when it's a really …I've a revolut card. I change the pounds over to TL when it's a really good rate rather than let it do it on the fly. Always worked for me. There's a £200 monthly withdrawal limit before fee's of about 20p a go kick in.Zero fees/limit using it as contact less or paying for meals/shops etc on chip and pin.

*i like revolut which allows you to convert pounds into lira when the rates are good before travelling
    I'd choose Starling as it has a higher withdrawal limit than the other two of £300. I used it in Cape Verde without any issues.
's avatar