Posted 18 hours ago

Tablet to run a very simple app

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a tablet for one specific reason, to run the app "Party Darts Scorer".

As you can guess, it is a very simple point-scoring app. The thing is, because it will only be used for this, I don't want to spend like £80 on it. I also wouldn't mind it being 2nd hand.

I realise that the tablet will be bad, but I only need it for this one application, would you please recommend something for me?

Thank you in advance!
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    8" Amazon Fire HD is £15 with 2 year warranty (inc battery) via CEX & in stock at time of post.
    No idea if Amazon natively likes Party Darts Scorer, but can likely sideload no issue.
    uk.webuy.com/pro…8gb

Or same shifter has other 7" B tablets with same 2 years warranty from £10
    uk.webuy.com/sea…e=B
    See if anyone has a Hudl tucked away in a drawer
    Got a windows PC? because Team Lessells (If this is the same creator) give details on how to run the app using various Android emulators for Windows 10/8/7 PC on their page, and even have links for bluestacks * Memu
    napkforpc.com/apk…ds/
    Nexus 7 2013, which usually sell for under £20 if you have a charging socket handy.

Or, any tablet running android 5 or above
    I'd get 10" or above, any less it will be hard to see/use.
    According to Play Store, it will run on Android 4.2 or above, so right in that perfect sweet spot where you can buy a really cheap tablet that's so old it's effectively useless for all purposes other than the handful of basic apps that'll still run on them. I got a joblot from ebay for £5 delivered recently.
's avatar