Posted 25 September 2023

Tv help

Hello everyone. I’m looking for a 43” tv from somewhere reputable with warranty. Currently got a 40” so looking for something similar. Cant seem to find any good deals and was hoping someone can help. Was having a look at costco and John Lewis but wasn’t sure which one was good. Could someone kindly point me in the right direction. Thanks!!
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    costco.co.uk/TVs…508

This is the one I was looking at, didn’t think it was too bad for the price with 5yr warranty.
    That's a nice TV for the money!
    Costco or Richersounds, avoid Currys.
    Combination of Costco + UK regulated credit direct payment + CRA is about as good as warranty/protection will get.
    Budget? Brands you like or dislike?
    Author
    Budget is about 350, not too fussed on brands.
    Maybe also wait until Black Friday if you can, granted items aren't much cheaper but its more exposure to deifferent TV's and brands.
    John Lewis for the warranty and the chance to see it in store if you have one nearby.

Richer Sounds - same reasons - but they have less on display.

Never buy a TV from Currys or Amazon etc.

Costco comes highly recommended though I've never used them for a TV purchase.
    I’d use Costco personally, avoid curry’s and Argos
    That LG is just a basic LCD. It's not even qled/nanocell. It's ok but nothing really special. You can definitely get better for similar or a little more.
    For those of you mentioning Costco, how much does it cost to get the basic online membership?
    Are there any workarounds to be able to get full membership without having a trade or working for in their required sectors? Ideally I'd like to go and have a wander round
's avatar