Posted 22 October 2023

USB-C HUB/Dock Recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for a good USB-C Hub/Dock. I want to be able to plug in the 100W laptop charge into it along with all my other devices (USBC/HDMI/USBA) ports. The ones out there mostly have only 1 USB C port, I am looking for at least 3 usbc ports, 1 for power, 1 for display and a spare one as most devices are now USBC, but the hubs out there mostly have multiple USBA ports which are becoming obsolete and are not used. Any recommendations are welcome. I want to be able to dock my laptop with just one plug in instead of plugging in multiple devices every time I take my laptop out and dock it back into my work setup.

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You'll be hard pressed to find one having beyond one USB-C not including the PD input. I have a handful (OK maybe a drawer full) of adapters including USB 3.0 USB-A to USB-C adapters, so maybe something to look into. The best deal recently was yesterday's ugreen 9 in 1 adapter with 10Gbps USB-A and USB-C ports for just £10... (edited)
    Author
    Yeah toying with the idea of having 2 hubs plugged into each other - not sure if this will work.
    Why are the manufacturers not giving more USBC ports since its more main stream now - but they seem to be lagging behind and offering multiple USB-A which are fast becoming obselete.
    Author
    This seems to have 2 USB-c ports - i am looking for 3 at a minimum
    I paid a bit extra for this one from Banggood.
    51300744-OzyQi.jpg
's avatar