Posted 2 days ago

Virgin media cancellation call back

Hello
Help please!
My virgin media broadband is finishing end of this month.
I called on Monday and they couldn’t match the current deal I am on (£15/month).
I gave my 30 day notice and it’s been 6 days and no one has called from cancellations to offer a better deal.
I don’t know how much longer I can call this bluff.
Any advice or reassurance please! Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It’s a lottery and it all depends on if they call back, who calls you back and how much that person has in their goodwill kitty and if they want or need to keep you for their stats. So a lot of variables.

I left back in November, well not officially until December as they even cocked the leaving up. I only ever had one call with a rubbish offer.

Luckily for me Community Fiber had just cabled our area a few months before so I just went with them and having been with Virgin for something like 27+ years it is the best thing I’ve ever done. Been with them since October and not one single issue , I did have a billing issue but that was sorted out within the week with an apology.

My ping response times are now 2ms which has pleased my sons who game no end and I’ve only gone for 150mbs but you get that up and down. There are also no lost packets and jitter in the line is also low. Comparing CF to Virgin, Virgins was just a noisy trashy Internet service.
    Do you have your contact preferences set in your my virgin media account?
    If not they can't contact you.

On my last renewal after cancelling retentions called me and offered very little though. I spoke with online chat again and they offered me a better deal than retentions anyway. (edited)
    As you only pay £15 they probably won't care if you leave they are more interested in retaining more lucrative customers who have multiple services
    I cancelled and never got a call. £15pcm is amazing so not surprised they didn't match it.
    In short - it's a lottery. if you want to read the various threads on the same subject then search within the questions here. Multiple exact same question asked and discussions here many many times. You will get a lot of advice and trends within those discussions
    Look around at competitors deals and use those as bargaining chips.
    Also, if on benefits ask about their well hidden social tariff.
    You can reinstate services up to and including the 30th day on a rolling contract if your desperate. They will call but they like to see how much you hassle them I'm the first week or so first
    For comparison...Just signed up to Grain fibre.
    £25 month for a 1gb speed.
    Plus 3 months at £1 month because I was still in contract with talk talk for another 3 months. (edited)
    Phone them and tell them you missed a call from retentions. They won't check and will put you straight through.

Also, do you know about the social tariff? Have a Google if you don't. We are currently paying £20 pm for broadband.
    Two weeks for me and nothing. Guess I'll leave them
's avatar