Posted 6 days ago

Virgin Media deals - retention, cancellation etc

Hi all,
Been with Virgin for 3 years and got very lucky when I joined. I've been getting TV and Broadband (125mb) for £18/month. This was upped to £20/month last year but my contract is now coming to an end.
Phoned to cancel, was offered £34 or £19 for broadband only. Proceeded to cancel and waited for retentions to phone me.
A few days later they called....but pretty much said "Take it or leave it".
Now I'm a week away from it all being cancelled and have no idea what to do.
What's your thoughts?
Community Updates
New Comment

22 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    But the bullet. Phoned yesterday and told that deal ended at end of January and best would be £22 a month.

Phoned again today and got £19 a month so that's fine 👌
    £19 broadband only isn't a terrible deal - I think I would take it
    Author
    Would love to keep the TV but going from £20 to £34 would be criminal, that's how you end up on £70 and £80 contracts 5years down the line
    If you're TV is a basic package ask them to send you one of them TV smart box things to get the channels via the Internet, you can get it for free for having broadband. I asked for one but they said I've got a TV package.
    It's basically a freeview box with extra channels
    Stream box
    I just renewed on the 250meg plan for £21 but they couldn’t do me a cheaper price if I dropped down to less bandwidth.
    Im trying to get good renewal for my elderly parents for broadband and landline (with anytime calls) with Virgin. Have been offered renewal £33pm tivo box, 125mb (slower than what hes already on but not a problem for them), anytime calls. they don't need Tivo box but cost £5 more without it!! Not sure if I'll get any better.
    Author
    I'm now going for broadband only and getting a stream box instead. The lower I can get payments the better
    Author
    I wouldn't use TiVo now.... Last year we got 360 box and it is excellent. Sad to leave it behind now!

We were offered 125mb and 360 box TV for £30
's avatar