Posted 16 September 2023

Washing machine connector

Hi! I just bought a new washer machine...the old one had this inside between the water hose and the main water pipe in the house. On the new washer it doesn't fit.. doesn't go inside like the other one...where from can I buy one and if is necessary
4202283_1.jpg4202283_1.jpg4202283_1.jpg4202283_1.jpg4202283_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    It's nothing on the new machine... that's why I asked if I când find it anywhere and try to fit it in..as from the older hose didn't worked on the new hose
    If it doesn't come with the machine then it isn't needed. If the new machine needs a filter and you can't see it, then it will be inside the appliance. I wouldn't worry about it.
    That would have been in the hose supplied with the old machine, so you don't need it. There should be a rubber washer in the new hose.

There will probably be a filter in the solenoid valve inlet 50999043-wiX5d.jpg (edited)
    That looks like some sort of water filter and it looks like it has come off the old washing machine. It will probably on the connector on the new washing machine.
    Can you not just re-use the original hose with the filter in place?
    Why he doesn't need it, use nice new hose
    Shouldn't be one fitted on the new machine? I've never seen a washing machine without one fitted on the inlet and a standard ¾ BSP hose fits on.
    You can soak buy a filter cheap to fit inside a standard ¾ BSP hose..

I don't think they are needed but best fitted as recommended by the manufacturer
    If the tiny hole in the solenoid valve's diaphragm gets blocked by debris, then the valve won't open, so I'd expect a strainer to be up inside the solenoid inlet in the back of the machine.

's avatar