Posted 1 February 2022

Ways to qualify for student discounts?

I have noticed there are some brilliant student discounts on offer regularly. For example, Amazon Prime free for 6 months, then 50% off for 4 years (requires a . ac.uk email address, or proof you are doing at least one course at a university or college located in the UK)

I am a parent in full time employment, so I don't have lots of free time. But I am wondering whether there are courses that aren't huge commitments (e.g. remote courses) that would allow me (and other deal hunters) to benefit from student discounts?
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Kammykay01/02/2022 14:29

Literally buy an amazon account on ebay for a few quid. I'm not a student …Literally buy an amazon account on ebay for a few quid. I'm not a student

I was going to suggest same thing. I paid like £3 for a student account.

The guy sends you what you need to do via email. You email it to Amazon student checker and you get 6 months free. Then it's like £40/Year for 3 years.
    Literally buy an amazon account on ebay for a few quid. I'm not a student
    To make you aware you wouldn't be able to obtain an ac.uk address without attending an official place of education (University, College, work in education etc)
    I think you only need an ac.uk address for Student beans at the moment, an ID card or some other documents is enough for Prime
    i got offered student prime without asking for any qualyfing evidence, of course i am on a 5 year course now

iirc it was offered as part of a promotion with a large company.. (edited)
    Author
    kos1c02/02/2022 15:53

I was going to suggest same thing. I paid like £3 for a student account. …I was going to suggest same thing. I paid like £3 for a student account. The guy sends you what you need to do via email. You email it to Amazon student checker and you get 6 months free. Then it's like £40/Year for 3 years.

I was looking for ways to qualify as a student, but appreciate the "grey area" methods may be of use to someone.
's avatar