Posted 2 September 2023

What CPU (and Cooler), Motherboard and Video card

Hi,
I was just after some advice, on what are the best components to buy, as I can see there is a code for Ebuyerat the moment for video cards, so a good time to buy. I have listed the parts I already have, and the parts in my very novice opinion will be good/offer value for money.
Please could you let me know of any changes that you would make. I would massively be appreciated.

I have a budget of around £800-£900 remaining and the machine will be for gaming. From my understanding I need the following components:
- CPU
- CPU Cooler
- Motherboard
- Video Card
- Case

I am a complete novice, but was thinking of this:
uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…yXk

CPU
Intel Core i7-12700KF 12 Core 3.60GHz CPU Alder Lake Processor - LGA 1700 (£278.95)
awd-it.co.uk/com…719

CPU Cooler
DeepCool LT520 WH AIO Liquid Cooler White - R-LT520-WHAMNF-G-1 (£99.95)
awd-it.co.uk/com…BwE

Motherboard
MSI PRO B760M-E DDR4 (Socket 1700/B760/DDR4) (£85.15)
amazon.co.uk/dp/…h=1

Video Card
MSI Radeon RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12GB V1 Graphics Card (£354.97)
ebay.co.uk/itm…t=1

Case
Lian-Li LANCOOL 215 Midi-Tower - ARGB, Tempered Glass, schwarz (£88.56)
amazon.co.uk/dp/…h=1

The few parts I have already bought are, found on deals through HUKD:
uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…xGP

Power Supply
Corsair RMe Series 850W Modular Power Supply 80 Plus Gold (£100.80)
cclonline.com/cp-…21/

Memory
KLEVV CRAS X RGB 32GB kit (16GB x2) 3600MHz Gaming Memory DDR4-RAM XMP 2.0 High Performance Overclocking (£59.99)
amazon.co.uk/dp/…h=1

Monitor
Lenovo G24-20 24in Full HD Gaming Monitor (£92.19)
very.co.uk/len…prd

Storage
Samsung 970 EVO Plus MZ-V7S1T0BW Internal NVMe M.2 SSD, 1 TB, Up to 3,500 MB/s sequential read (£36.02)
amazon.fr/dp/…h=1
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    First impression without nowing full needs as bert said.
    "DDR4 System cos u got the ram"

would be to drop that 6750XT and crack in the 6800 that is on here at £369.99

if we are doing 12700K: drop the cooler increase the board spec.
    uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…BbL

still keeping to a "cosmetic" white theme AIO, as obvious that has caught ur attention, if not we can work other ideas.

This means boosting in cashflow to the board spec from matx to a ATX with better VRMS, then exchanging the 6750XT to 6800 that is on offer.

thats my suggestion on the 12700K, Qs now is, is the 12700K the most suited for u?.

Whats the intention of the system.
    Paging
    Any movement on the Monitor, its not bad for less 100 quid.

"were doing a system thats kicking the ten tons out of that monitor here".. can u do a U/Turn on that?

Becuase its a Gaming Rig, Spend another £100 on the monitor, drop the CPU down a £100. 13400F (edited)
    Author
    I am afraid not, as the monitor is one of the parts I had brought.
    A bit of a shame really.

Maybe the monitor is something I can upgrade later though (maybe xmas), and give this monitor to his younger brother (edited)
    Author
    Thanks everyone,

So the computer will be for my 13 year old, and used primarily for gaming.
    He will also use it for homework, but that requires very little processing power, mauinly just google and youtube.

I have no preference for the 12700K, it was just one that I had saw on another build on PCPart Picker.
    The only parts which I do have a preference for are the parts that I have alsready purchased, anything else is open season.

Oh, no real preferecen on cosmetics either, he would like a bit of RGB, but happy to forgo that if needed. (edited)
    Author
    So with the purchased parts, and the 6800 ordered.
    The is shows what is left, with a budget of 500-550 remaining.
    uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…GGP

So the computer will be for my 13 year old, and used primarily for gaming.
    No real preferecen on cosmetics either, he would like a bit of RGB, but happy to forgo that if needed. (edited)
    Author
    Ok, so I have done some more fiddling, and have come up with this:
    uk.pcpartpicker.com/lis…MZJ

Went with the i7-13700K, and kept the motherboard and cooler which @Sarden84 added to the partpicker.
    Should I pull the trigger and buy these components: CPU, CPU Cooler, Motherboard and Case?
    Many Thanks
's avatar