Posted 15 September 2023

What kind of baby monitor would you recommend for twins?

I was looking at the baby monitors with sensors but I'm not sure if they would work with twins, stuff like a pad under the mattress wouldn't work if they were in the same cot I'm guessing.

Am I best getting a regular cam? Think I'd prefer a wifi one so I could check up on them when I'm at work, but I guess non wifi might be more stable in case the network goes down.

Is there any benefit of getting a proper baby monitor rather than just something like a ring cam ?
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    two cameras (edited)
    Don't make it complicated. Get a camera one that is quiet and that is it.
    Just get a cheap Chinese indoor WiFi cam, that's all we used.
    I used an old notebook and installled Skype on it to auto answer when I called from wherever.. You can use an old mobile phone with software too. No need for anything new. (edited)
    Look at Moonybaby brand monitor, single monitor but two cameras. It's a dual screen monitor so ideal for twins and siblings. Saves the flicking between two different cameras. The sound does switch between the two but if in the same area you can just listen on one and still view both cameras.

I tried WiFi, but many of these time out and you are reliant on a stable connection at all times. I'd always stick with a monitor built to be a monitor. Also less chance of hackers etc given the limited range.
    I had a sister-in-law who got a mate for the cot and it was going off all the time
    They also had the camera and were constantly just staring at it.

We just had a BT voice only monitor and a Snuzza Hero, which my wife thinks saved our sons life! We had no false alarms and it only went off once as far as I remember
's avatar