Posted 18 January 2024

What office chair do you recommend?

Hi All, hope you can help I need to invest in a good office chair what do you all reccomend would love a Herman miller but at £1300 I can’t justify it unless someone knows how to get a discount so what’s the next best thing? Anyone have any recommendations?
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Is there anywhere (other than their office in London) where you can test out a Herman Miller chair?
    John Lewis should have them available in their shops

I know I have sat on them in the past 👌🏻 (edited)
    We have the Herman Miller Aeron's in the office, i've been using them for years. We started getting Senator Freeflex Mesh chairs (this version officefurniturescene.co.uk/sen…air ) for part of the building a few years ago. I find the Senator chairs much more comfortable so swapped my Aeron for one of them.

I ended up buying a used one for home for around £100 during lockdown. (edited)
    I bought a Herman Miller chair a couple of years ago, and I’m glad I did. I didn’t go for the top of the range chairs though. Mine cost around £650 from John Lewis, but the price is higher now johnlewis.com/her…065

johnlewis.com/bra…yx4

I’d definitely go for a Herman Miller. They hold their value too.
    Author
    Thank you that’s really helpful. So that’s + 1 Herman Miller,
    I would also recommend Herman Miller. You can get them refurbished a lot cheaper than new, e.g.:

corporatespec.com/pro…wcB
    Author
    Thank you!
    I am using HM atm and it's fab.
    Worth looking at ikea one
    I ended up going with a Flexispot BS11 Pro and it’s been really great so far.

Worth noting I paid around £320 I think in a sale rather than full price.
    Have a look at steelcase too (wire cutter rate one of theirs higher than HM, I remember looking at that 5-10 years ago and HM was their top pick with the steelcase leap as the budget option.
    Herman Miller but dont automatically get an Aeron ...if you can try a Mirra 2. Probably £200 - £300 second hand...

Im sitting on one now.....£170 from ebay with the balance of a 12 year Herman Miller guarantee on it

I found this buying guide useful when I first bought one ......just have a look at UK ebay to get an idea of UK prices.

youtube.com/wat…=0s
    Author
    That video was so helpful thank you! Changed my mind I think the Mirra 2 sounds like a much better option
    There are a few discussion threads on this subject already so they may be useful for you too
    Author
    I did but there was limited responses
    Herman miller are amazing, +1 from me
    Author
    So it’s +5 for Herman Miller, looks like I’ll have to bite the bullet. Thank you all! (edited)
    I went for a pre owned RH Logic and have been very pleased with it. Big range of adjustments
's avatar