Posted 5 days ago

Where are all the non-slim PS5s?

Hey everyone,

Now that the new 'slim' PS5 is out - where are all the original ones? Surely the retailers haven't sold out?

Have they gone to clearance stores? Ebay? I thought that there would be plenty, but I'm not seeing any anywhere.

Any ideas?
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Remember that demand for these consoles was still high on the run up to Christmas. They're long out of production now with the new model replacing it. All it took was a sale like black friday and it made short work of clearing the warehouses out making way for the slim version - As someone has already pointed out above me.

You'll find a few here and there as you say at clearance stores, and plenty of refurbs will be knocking around now too. But if you're going to any major retailer you'll now only find the new slim ones.

If you were hoping to pick one up cheap in the sales right now, you're going to be disappointed.
    They mostly sold out during Black Friday at a large discount there was countless threads on here then.

I did find one at VERY but it's normal price. (edited)
    I wanted an original PS5 but I now realise I don't have the time or space for it. (edited)
    Sold out on Black Friday.
    AO, Very, game, the game collection and a few others have some. There's also some on eBay and on-buy (market place). There all around 479 and up to about 600.

Don't get your hopes up. But there is a slim chance, some may pop up. As there could still be some units in transit on delayed container ships.

You can either pay over the odds for an OG one. Buy the new slim, or wait and see if the pro gets confirmed or announced later this year.
    Sony waited for their stock of original models to deplete before making the new slim models available
's avatar