Posted 23 March 2024

Youtube Premium VPN still work?

I've been paying for premium for a while now but having some financial troubles at the moment and trying to cut back. I use Youtube more than anything so I don't really want to lose it. I remember seeing some VPN workarounds but do they still work? If so, would I be able to use my existing account to sign up for it? My premium account will end at the end of the month.
Community Updates
New Comment

22 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Ukraine/Revolut is the easiest and quickest working way at the moment as far as I'm aware, my last charge was £3.11 for a family account. Yes you can get modded clients or blockers to remove ads but if you're like me and watch on any client where these options are more difficult or just not available (Xbox/Apple TV/iPhone for myself) it's probably worth just paying the few quid a month
    Author
    Do you just change your vpn to ukraine and sign up?
    Just set your VPN to Albania and your YouTube will be add free
    Author
    Interesting
    Is there a really why they dont have ads?
    Which part of premium is important to you, and what is your operating system?
    Author
    Phone and desktop (Windows). Obviously the ads are ridiculous so thats the main reason also I use the pop out feature on the phone.
    You will need to let your existing sub expire before signing up via VPN.

It may also be advantageous to add a virtual payment card to your account now so you have a non UK payment method on file before signing up in a different region. Revolut MasterCard (not visa) tends to work well.
    yt-dlp is your friend.

52445484-VWVuh.jpg
    Author
    52588799-SZ6i6.jpgGetting this error message when using NordVPN when trying to use Ukraine. Think they caught on
's avatar