Posted 1 November 2023

65" 4k TV

Hello everyone!
I have a problem with choosing a tv, or rather the technology it is made in. I was previously convinced about OLED, but I am worried about pixel burn-in. Sometimes my girlfriend watches TV channels so this problem would be more likely to occur. What else to choose in a budget of £1300-1500? We mainly watch movies and series, the room rather bright but no direct sunlight. In the evening we watch with the light on. Any ideas?
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I've had a C1 for 2 years now and there is no burn in. The models from the last few years have software that does things like pixel shift etc so burn in isn't really an issue any more.
    Author
    Thank you!
    Author
    I forgot to mention that Google TV is essential for me. If indeed this problem with OLED is not so common anymore, which OLED TV at this price?
    Probably best off looking at the Sony Bravia XR A80K then as it has Google TV. The A95K is more expensive
    All oled panels are made by LG Display. Except for Samsung and Sony QD-OLED TVs which use Samsungs panels.

LG'S C and G series oled TVs always get good reviews and are highly rated. But they use their own Web OS. Samsung also use their own OS Tizen.

For Google TV you'll need to look at Sony, some TCL and Hisense models have it and some use their own or Roku or even Amazon Fire TV.

Panasonic and Philips also use their own OS. Most of the cheap brands (Bush, JVC, Sharp, Toshiba etc) also have a mix of the older Android TV (not the new Google TV) Roku, Amazon fire TV or their own custom interface or skinned limited and locked down version of Android/Google TV ( eg fire TV)
's avatar