Posted 18 September 2021

Amazon EU Import fee refund. Ryzen 5800X

Anybody else get an import fee refund for the AMD Ryzen 5800X sold by Amazon EU? Export fee reduced.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It is not a fee, it is a tax - UK VAT and where applicable, Customs duty. Fee implies it is something charged by Amazon when it is not. And Amazon (and many other platforms) make it clear that they are estimating it and if they collect more, they will refund the excess.
    I got an email and Amazon notification as well regarding the £51.23 refund. Don't think it is a scam unless they have found a way to hack the Amazon notification system as well
    It happens all the time, just depends on what the final figure is, they won’t charge you more but will refund if it’s less. Obviously it never happened before January in the EU but has happened if you bought from other stores like the US site. (edited)
    Author
    deleted7595318/09/2021 23:15

It happens all the time, just depends on what the final figure is, they …It happens all the time, just depends on what the final figure is, they won’t charge you more but will refund if it’s less. Obviously it never happened before January in the EU but has happened if you bought from other stores like the US site.

Was a nice surprise since that was from April
    I had a large refund for something I bought from Amazon France warehouse.
    It was for something I bought about 6 months ago so it was a big surprise.
    Author
    45628462-mcqMB.jpgI reckon it was the 180 days, from this.
    I got the email too, despite having bought it earlier this year. Email looked like a scam but I will investigate further (edited)
    Author
    Lustral19/09/2021 15:31

I got an email and Amazon notification as well regarding the £51.23 …I got an email and Amazon notification as well regarding the £51.23 refund. Don't think it is a scam unless they have found a way to hack the Amazon notification system as well

Definitely from Amazon, you can see the price adjustment and the rest in the invoice you can download.
's avatar