Posted 4 September 2023

Anyone recommend a SIM only network for West Midlands area?

Minimum 100gb data. Looking for recommendations from people who live or work in Birmingham and surrounding area.

Tried ID Mobile £15/month for unlimited everything for 3-4 days in various parts of the area, both indoor and outdoor and its coverage was woeful. The data unusable.

So that's the approx budget

So will be cancelling within the 14 days.

All networks tell you how great they are when you put your postcode in but the reality is different.

Cheers
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I use Three and Smarty in Birmingham , Harborne Quinton, West Brom and Tipton and always have a good 5G signal.

I did a speed test last time I was in Quinton and I was getting 950meg down.

It’s better signal and speed than I was getting with EE and a lot cheaper too.
    Overall Performance:
    50921045-PpL4m.jpg
    Data Speed:
    50921045-zrihn.jpg
    Lyca have a cut back version of EE signal with 100GB of data for £10 a month for a year with a 30 day rolling SIM. But no WiFi calling and no Band 20 signal.

If you want the full range of EE's network features then both CMLink and 1p Mobile have 200GB for £20. Or if you have BT Broadband at home then you can get 250GB for £16.80 from EE direct.

I don't live in that area, but the above is based on extensive independent testing and averaging out the results from a range of different places in and around that region.

Have you checked with Three to see if they happen to be doing any work in your area or know of any faults? That could potentially explain your current issues. But if not then EE Looks like a safe bet.
    Have u looked at Utility Warehouse? I'm with them. They use the EE network and we've got 2 sims with them for £33 a month which is £16.50 each.
    Best to order a smarty SIM and test how component it's signal is.

Otherwise, I would recommend EE. Their prices aren't always the best, and neither do they judge like Three. However, I have found their internet to be the best.
    I ditched three to join them many years ago when I depended on mobile hotspotting. Might be worth checking Vodafone/voxi too. I've had good success with them
    No point to try smarty if idmobile no good for OP.
's avatar