Posted 21 September 2023

Best place for a leather sofa?

Hi all
just trying to find a reputable place to buy a large leather corner sofa - preferably under £2500.
Are DFS et al not worth the time or money?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The lounge?

World of Leather many many years ago, were very good. Now owned by Furniture Village. (edited)
    Not a personal recommendation but if you search for " leather world " in Google, there are so many entries with pictures.
    Find a independent local

They will be better quality & probably cheaper. (edited)
    If i told you my dfs story you would say i was lying or majorly over exaggerating, just avoid them seriously.
    Im on my third faulty/damaged sofa and had 2 different repair men tell me this third sofa isn't real leather on side and back, although i paid extra for full leather and the first 2 sofas were all real leather.
    Manager came out and just says its all real leather made from 2 hides, repair men say its bonded faux leather but changed their mind and said it was real leather after i told them manager been out and said its all real.
    First 2 sofas were delivered beyond repair, third sofa im now on my second repair.
    Not explained everything as its a real long story but just avoid them like the plague.
    I was a huge idiot for not just taking my money back after the second delivery (edited)
    I've bought 3 sofas from DFS and never had a single issue with one of them. Also I wouldn't recommend leather. It's awful in the summer and awful in the winter. It's the conservatories of sofa material. (edited)
    We got ours from Cousins, although they may be a bit far away from you. It's been 'ok', I think the sofa has sagged a bit more than we might have expected but I don't mind it. It survived our cats using the back as a scramble net, and the service was good. The only issue was my measurements, they couldn't get the three seater through the door. I spent the afternoon removing the front window which was actually not too difficult but must have been hilarious to watch!!
    Highly recommend sofasofa, had 2 lots of leather sofa's off them, excellent quality and if you don't like them they will collect them from you within 28 days
    I had a beautiful cream sofas from SCS in 2004 but I don't think they're still going any more. I only got rid of it last year as it was scuffed on the edges but structurally it was still great, it was comfortable and the seats & arms were all in good condition given I'd had it so long. I had always used throws on it though so that protected it enough from my two girls as they grew up that my brother was happy to take it for his place.

I replaced it with lovely Italian black leather 3 /2 seaters and an armchair through a local company in Liverpool. The Italian manufacturer is called New trend concepts - you may be able to find a local stockist. This is their website newtrendconcepts.it/ (edited)
's avatar