Posted 7 September 2023

Boiler Question

Hi all.

I've just had a new boiler installed. The plumber didn't instruct me on what to do next after handing all the paperwork over and showing me how to use the boiler functions etc.

As its hot weather, I've not used the radiators but I've been told to turn them on check them. I don't know what I'm looking for I.E will they need bleeding?

Any advice will be appreciated.
Cheers.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    How does he know it's working properly if he didn't test it. I would ask him to come back to test it to show it's working and there are no leaks
    I'm assuming he commissioned it hence the paperwork https://plumr.co.uk/what-is-boiler-commissioning-and-how-to-commission-a-boiler/#:~:text=It%20is%20required%20by%20law,Hot%20Water%20Council%20(HHIC).
    the plumber should have done that for you, maybe I just had a nice plumber
    Make sure they're all turned on and get hot from top to bottom otherwise 'yes' they might need bleeding if one part feels cold.
    To do a proper job, he should turn them on and rebalance the system where needed. Some plumbers will rush the job and trust it will work as long as the boiler works.

But, yeah, just turn the radiators on and make sure they are hot at the bottom as well as the top.
    We’ve just last week had a system boiler fitted to replace a standard and the plumber showed me what to do in terms keeping the pressure at around 1.5 bar and how to clean the magnetic filter. Also had a new megaflo tank and again he showed me how to re pressure it etc. Mine also registered the boiler and megaflo for warranty as he said he was an authorised fitter for both the Vaillant boiler and the megaflo tank.

As said get the guy back, I’m sure he charged you plenty like mine!
    What kind of boiler is it, make model? Make sure hot water is also working.
's avatar