Posted 13 hours ago

Cheapest PAYG sim

Looking for a pay as you go SIM card that doesn’t require topping up periodically. It will be a backup that sits at home and used for the odd call. 
I’ve had a look at 1p mobile but they require £10 top up every 4m! I will likely use £10 of calls over 18m so don’t want any top up conditions.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you get your hands on an O2 Classic PAYG SIM and activate it before the end of the year you’ll get 3p a minute, 2p a text and 1p per megabyte. Make a call once every 180 days and you’ll keep your credit active.
    You can get them on eBay for less than a quid, just got one for my son (edited)
    Will I top as normal credit top-up ? Can I use o2 priority?
    Try rwg mobile. I moved to them after Asda needed min top up. They have a new fire and forget range lasting 5 years I think with 100mb data. Not sure how long their top ups last. I got a lifetime deal for my son £15 for 750mb data a month but have now topped it up with some other packages (that deal has gone)

They run on EE (edited)
    Get lyca or Lebara. They are cheap as chips.
    +1 for the o2 Classic at sub-£1 via the bay then minimum one-off £10 topup - but be careful how the topup is applied (don't buy / apply a bundle).

That Classic SIMs contractual keep-alive requirement of
    7.1 ...any chargeable activity at least once in any 6 month period...
    has not changed since 2018.
    There was a very dull debate two months ago about some users misunderstanding that historic 2016 (non-contractual) Help-page ramble did not override 2018 contractual t&c:
    hotukdeals.com/dis…123
    Will I top as normal credit top-up ? Can I use o2 priority?
's avatar