Posted 22 October 2023

Dishwasher safe

I bought these sistema water bottles and it states that it is dishwasher safe but they look a bit flimsy and I am concerned that the dishwasher may damage the rubber seal on the bottle top.

Anyone got one of these and have put them in the dishwasher before?

Sistema Square Water Bottle 1L | BPA-Free Water Bottle | Seal Tight Lid | Easy Grip Sides | Recyclable with TerraCycle®| Ocean Blue & Minty Teal | 2 Count
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Yes wife has them, fine in dishwasher. (edited)
    If the product states it's dishwasher safe. It must be, or it's a trade description issue and warranty claim to replace it free of charge.
    Author
    i have had baking trays that are dishwasher safe come out with its coating gone after about 10 washes in the dishwasher, by which time you can't really get a refund.
    Bottles with small tips I feel likely don't get a good wash in a washing machine I personally think hand wash better
    Author
    i have hand washed them already but they don't look that clean so i have put the bottle in the dishwasher but i haven't yet put the cap in as i wanted to test the bottle first. the bottle seems ok so i will wash the cap tonight and see how it fares. the cap has the rubber seal, which can get damaged if too hot.
    Bottles in dishwasher and soak the lids overnight in a sterilising solution, Milton etc.
's avatar