Posted 4 days ago

Easter eggs cancelled in my household!

Me and my parter remortgage are house so we could go shopping (joke)

Saw Tesco selling 380g Easter eggs for £14 we picked up the box and almost laughed and the sad reality we both think it’s scary.

We’ve decided to try are hand at Easter themed cupcakes or something.

I know they do limited time sales and app bingos so they will be cheaper. I know shelf space is favourable in supermarkets so it’s gotta be selling.
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    That's got to be one of those reduction-shenanigans prices, hasn't it? Like, they'll make it £7 with clubcard on Monday and pretend that it's a deal.
    And someone will post it on here, and all the gull1bles will vote it hot (edited)
    Your one 380g easter egg for £14 is expensive, but you can get much much cheaper eggs:

Here are two posts with 4 for £10

hotukdeals.com/dea…525

hotukdeals.com/dea…556

And here is a post which discusses £1.20 egg (see comments in the posting)

hotukdeals.com/dea…496

I am a 40+ adult.

When I was a child, my mum would buy me a large bar of chocolate instead of an easter egg "because it was better value"

- Technically, she was correct.

- Practically, when other children had easter eggs and you did not, it was not the right thing to do. When other children were discussing what egg they had for easter (I am from a generation when you usually only had one egg at easter), I felt sad.

- As a child, I would have preferred to have had an easter egg (even if it was less chocolate) than a bar of chocolate.

Easter eggs are part of the fun of easter - Now I am an adult, I buy my children easter eggs at easter. (edited)
    Superb post.
    And still on the night before Easter, supermarkets will be rammed with people desperate for Easter Eggs whatever the price
    i was going to make a similar point to helpful567

sometimes the value of giving the right item to the right person at the right time is far greater than the cost of buying it. as a kid i loved getting easter eggs. once i got older i realised you get more chocolate for your money by buying a bar of chocolate. but imagine not giving your girlfriend a valentines card or flowers as you think it's a rip off, and she dumps you because she see's the sign of how future life could be
    Well having checked that's actually just about the most expensive one that they do.
    Easter eggs have ALWAYS been a rip off.
    Per 100g their most expensive is £6.82 and the cheapest £1.26 so quite a broad range.
    Cheap rubbish tasteless chocolate, hooray to Easter eggs.

Tbh I would rather than £10 and get a decent quality one.
    In general, there is plenty if choice at every budget, quality and size dependant.

It's like picking up a ribeye to roast for £50, laughing then getting £1 burgers with 20% meat quantity.
    I wonder if TCB will do a free egg again this year? ?
    Hey, this isn't something we can confirm at the moment, just keep an eye out on our site and social media for any updates! - Liberty
    Middle ground. You know that plastic vacuum formed tray that some Easter eggs come in? Melt a bar of whatever chocolate you have and pour it into that. Get the kids involved and decorate it with anything you fancy. Drop smarties, gummies, toasted nuts etc. into the semi-dry chocolate. When it sets you'll have your Easter eggs and happy children because they've made it themselves. Better than the 'other' eggs we used to get when I was young (lol):52132785-U5Qwi.jpg
's avatar