Posted 21 September 2023

Halford £10 off MOT?

Hi does anyone know where I can get this offer without buying the £5 subscription? I really appreciate everyone's help 🙏
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can get £5 off an MOT with the free membership, or a free MOT with the Premium membership, only if you pay in full upfront. You don't get it with the £5 subscription package
    Author
    Sorry I am confused. What do you mean pay in full upfront? You mean the MOT?
    You don't get a £10 off MOT.

You can either get free motoring club membership and that gets you £5 off a MOT
    OR
    You sign up for premium membership which costs £49 a year or £4.99 a month and that gets you a free MOT
    Author
    Thank you. This may sound dumb but can I get the premium membership and opt in the £4.99. claim the free MOT and cancel the membership?
    But if you intend to only pay £35 for the MOT, then find a local independent garage who will likely have a similar price, without having to chase vouchers.
    Or just pay the £45 (£35 of which you were going to pay anyway) and get the Premium membership, which gives you an MOT, as well as £10, and discounts for future use
    Avoid Halfords for MOTs - they'll quite likely find several things that need doing and will go ahead and then tell you afterwards when you go to collect the car and get the bill!

For the sake of saving £20 better to find a reputable recommended local garage.
    Not had a problem with halfords in 3 years of getting my MOT done. The only thing I had to get done was a tyre which had a rip
's avatar