Posted 4 June 2023

Help: Mobile Network Switch over - PAC Code - What happens?

Hello,

I am on a contract which is shortly ending with EE and I am planning to move to 02.

What happens in terms of my network and Sim, during the change over process?

I know I need my PAC Code and then on O2 when playing my order, I would select keep my number and give 02 my EE PAC Code.

But what happens to my network? Like will I still be able to text, receive calls or do they stop as soon as the PAC code is submitted?

Or do they stop with EE when i put in my new SIM?
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Don’t give your PAC when ordering. Give it when you receive and activate the SIM. It gives you more control.

When you give your code, if you give it before close of business on a working day, your number will move on the following working day. Both phones will be without service for about 20 minutes on the day. But sometimes you’ll be without for longer - Just keep restarting your phone and it will eventually come back.

Text PAC to 65075 from your current SIM to request it. The code is valid for 30 days from issue. When you use it, it will automatically terminate your contract once your number moves.

Remember that EE is the UK’s best network. O2 is the UK’s worst. Maybe consider sticking with a network that uses EE signal to avoid disappointment?

For example:
    nowmobile.co.uk/sim…hly
    Found that out the hard way last yr, and ended up paying about £120 to swap two Sims back to ee, as o2 were beyond kak.
    Once you have your PAC wait for a full moon and sacrifice, naked of course, a box of no more no less than six chicken McNuggets in honour of the great god Mobilus.
    As has suggested, do nothing until you receive the new SIM. Then follow the instructions from the new provider on transferring your old number. Start the process by 5pm on Mon - Thu and it will switch some time on the next day. If you start on Friday, it will change on Monday. If you start late in the day, it will be considered as a start for the next working day and take another day.

I switch providers frequently and the process usually goes very smoothly.

As for network, everything depends on your neighbourhood. I have zero problems with O2, Vodafone and Three. (edited)
    Author
    So with Three for instance, they ask you to enter you PAC code, when buying/ordering a new Sim Plan?

So i cannot do nohitng with 3?

Have you swticed providors with Three?
    Your old service will keep working until the switchover happens
    Author
    Hi just did the transfer

Does my existing contract just end? and automatically close? Do i need to do anything with them?
's avatar