Posted 17 July 2021

Lenovo Smart Clock firmware update?

Don't know about others, but I notice the Smart Clock will reboot by itself once a day, if not being used to stream content.

After identifying the 5GHz WiFi / MAC address issue, it's happiest connected via 2.4G WiFi but still restarts and connects itself back up to its configured 2.4G WiFi channel.
Reboots only seem to happen when it appears as idle.

Today I noticed what looked like the initial registration process being completed without manual intervention, which leads me to believe a Firmware update may have taken place.

Firmware version displays as 1.52.250291

If a new firmware was in fact applied, does anybody have one of these that could take a look at what version is running on yours?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Ended up selling mine, latest firmware killed the device. Kept freezing and rebooting periodically.
    Author
    Nexus16217/07/2021 16:38

About a week or two ago.

Ok.
    Need to research.

Thanks.
    deleted10216917/07/2021 16:38

Ok.Need to research.Thanks.

Sorry can’t tell you the version number, like i say was so annoyed with it, i sold it in the end
    Author
    Nexus16217/07/2021 16:16

Ended up selling mine, latest firmware killed the device. Kept freezing …Ended up selling mine, latest firmware killed the device. Kept freezing and rebooting periodically.

Roughly when did yours update and ruin it?

It's a little temperamental to say the least, could have been a great product had Lenovo listened to the customer feedback.

Just wondering if what I witnessed earlier was a firmware update and mayhaps Lenovo have addressed the issues that so many reported.
    Need to check their forum at some point, but was hoping for a quick intel gathering from HUKD. (edited)
    Author
    Nexus16217/07/2021 16:40

Sorry can’t tell you the version number, like i say was so annoyed with i …Sorry can’t tell you the version number, like i say was so annoyed with it, i sold it in the end

Don't worry. The fact that something was triggered recently is enough to start digging around to see what I can find.

I'm sure Lenovo would know about this, they shall be hearing from my legal counsel.
    Cast firmware: 1.52.260815

System firmware version: OIMJ.201212.001

It's so temperamental for real

's avatar