Posted 31 July 2021

Mi Band 4 won't pair to Android device

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting a second hand mi band 4 to pair to Android device?

I'm fairly sure the device has been factory reset already, it has the green pairing screen and Chinese writing.

It's 100% charged up.
Latest Mi Fit app installed.
Bluetooth and location turned on and new account created in Mi Fit app.

When trying to pair I just get the message 'Couldn't pair, reset the band and try again'.

I've watched loads of youtube videos and this post is my last resort! Thanks so much for any help
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    For some reason the missus has to pair it through the health app on her poco instead of through the Bluetooth settings way...

What I've also found on my Huawei was that it only allows a certain amount of Bluetooth connections at once, you can change it in the settings but can't remember the exact route..

That's about all the help I've got so good luck
    Author
    thanks so much for your suggestions!

The band is detected by the blue tooth on the phone, but the tick to allow pairing on the band doesn't appear.
    You pair with mi band app not phone... Open mi fit app or whatever its called and pair using app settings.
    Author
    Ah thanks yes, I'm trying to pair thru the official mi fit app. I was just interested to see if the phone could detect the band thru it's system Bluetooth settings..it can..just the app won't detect the band.

When I press the orange shield on the band, a CMIIT number comes up.. and reading on the web it seems bands 4 and 5 need an authorisation key via another app called mi band master to be able to connect via the official mi fit app.. see point 54 here:

https://mbm.blacknote.top/faq.php?lang=en

I'm v out of my depth with it all!
    With all ours we just opened mi band app and pair with band.
    Took seconds then it sync.

Unpair in phone settings as that's wrong.
    Clear all the data from app or just uninstall and reinstall app

Restart phone.

Start again and pair via app.

I wonder if phone has paired and clashing with app pairing as conflict with the phone as has 2 connections to Bluetooth.

Was simple for us lucky enough so something is not correct (edited)
    Author
    It's previously been paired with previous owners mi fit app / account and I wondering if it could be it's locked to their previous account?! I think the band 4 and 5 have this feature built in to prevent resale... eugh...
    Author
    wayners01/08/2021 10:56

You can factory reset mi bandhttps://www.wareable.com/xiaomi/how-to-reset-x …You can factory reset mi bandhttps://www.wareable.com/xiaomi/how-to-reset-xiaomi-mi-band-7818

Thanks for this only issue is the band is only showing in Chinese, green pairing symbol and an orange shield. To reset it seems the band must already be paired successfully. Which is the issue I'm having, it just won't pair in the first place..
's avatar