Posted 26 May 2023

Netflix turkey price increase earlier this year. Anyone elses price didn't go up?

Hi so I've had the turkey netflix since like 2019 anyway I received an email in Febaury saying the price would go up from 93.99 to 130.99 from March. However I've still been getting charged 93.99 TL and due to be billed that in June also.

My best friend also has a netflix turkey created in about 2020 and he was on the same as me 93.99 but yesterday said he got in May 130.99, but mine in May was 93.99

How come his price has gone up and mine still remains the same?
Not that I'm complaining he was just curious about the reasoning behind it. He seems to think it was last month when he updated his billing info like his card expired and he had to add a new one and seems to think it's linked

Please share your experience of if you had the increase yet or not. Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    the turkish lira is a steadily weakening currency with general inflation of 60% (officially). so none of this is a surprise. it's the GBP price that matters not the local currency one

51011302-P9bk3.jpg
    Is Turkey one of the countries that are getting hit with password sharing this wave?
    Haven't received notification on my account yet (I'm sure it will eventually be rolled out everywhere)
    I had the email but it didn't go up
    Mine went up yesterday was paying 69.99tl now 97.99tl
    Mine goes up for the May payment, which came out yesterday. So maybe yours will too next month as maybe the change date is near the end of the month.
    Just checked mine, next payment 2nd June will be 130.99tl, still cheaper then paying UK prices (edited)
    Depends on the package - is this not equivalent to £5 odds
    I had the "need to change payment card" that screws up payments when it was only set up a couple of months ago. Guess I'm giving up on it now
    I had the same problem, my workaround was to update it via the app on my LG TV which let me do it without the phone number verification.
    Give it a try via your TV you might be lucky
    Same, im still being charged 93.99 TRY
    I got an email in the second half of January saying my price was going up to TL 130.99, and they've been taking TL 130.99 per month since February.
    No recent change of payment card, been using the same one since early 2022.
    I got the email in Feb to 130.99TL but still got charged 93.99TL in May.
    I had it too back then! Paying TL130.99……Happy with that, and password sharing…..for as long as it lasts!
    Is the sign up via Turkey still working? I can't get past entering your email address. It just says 'Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later'. I've tried multiple VPN's, cleared cache, cookies etc.
    Just had an email saying they're increasing my price from 97.99TL to 149.99TL! I'm on the verge of leaving them, greedy buggers
    I literally just got the same emal! Grrr.
    Got the premium price increase email today - 130.99 to 199.99

It's fast approaching "I don't really need this sub every month" territory vs waiting and doing a single UK month when there's loads to binge. (edited)
's avatar