Posted 13 October 2023

Roaming/abroad

Hello

Going to Hong Kong and wondering best deal data when over there

I'm with three who want 50 for 2weeks roaming or use of my phone but only allows 12gb

Does anyone have any suggestions. (Basically have a 9yr old who will cain all my data or tether.

Would people recommend the WiFi hotspots things like CSL WiFi etc

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    [deleted]
    Author
    Thanks will check
    Author
    Thanks just googled a esim my phone don't use it. Gutted

Thank will look airport
    HK gov require real name register for SIM card.
    Airport has free wifi, it would be best to register and make sure the sim card work before leaving the airport.
    Get a three PAYG SIM for £10 which gives 10GB roaming in HK
    Author
    Ah that's a good idea.
    ID Mobile allow up to 30GB for roaming if the plan includes more than 30GB of data and it’s cheaper than or the same as Three if I’m not mistaken. Only thing is you’re tied to a 1/2 month contract.

Edit: didn’t know they did PAYG SIMs as well.

£20 for unlimited data/minutes/texts with 30GB roaming allowance or £15 for 20GB and unlimited minutes/texts with 20GB roaming allowance. (edited)
    iD Mobile is EU roaming, not in Hong Kong.
    Author
    Thanks everyone grabbed a three sim.
    Three PAYG SIM is cheaper but still has the 12GB limit.

Can you not ration your data usage? Just turn off their TikTok and Youtube on data lol. There is public wifi in a lot of places in Hong Kong, also a lot of hotels the last time I went actually loan you a smartphone that has data (for free), although mine wouldn't let me hotspot.

Otherwise you'll need to buy a local SIM, or you could buy multiple Three SIMs. (edited)
's avatar