Posted 1 day ago

Samsung or LG Washing machine?

Present 7kg Beko washing machine is starting to have issues including clothing never actually being spun correctly, so fairly wet coming out (may be a feature of most, if not all machines?). Have had Hoover etc. in the past, and no better, no worse.
Looking at possibly getting a 8 or 9kg Samsung or LG machine, nothing too fancy - just something that does whites, mixed / colours, doesn't have to take 2hrs for a wash (so a fast wash that I already have) and doesn't have the clothes coming out wringing wet.
Looking at a slightly larger capacity to put a quilt etc. in from time to time - present 7kg isn't big enough.

Added: actually Blomberg rather than Beko.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I can't say anything about LG, but Samsung left me rather unimpressed. I didn't think it did a great job of spinning either, and after living with it for a while I noticed that a lot of clothes were starting to get little holes in them. I got rid of it after less than a year it was so bad.

I replaced it with a Haier about 2-3 years ago now and the spin performance is the best I have ever had, and no more random holes in my clothes either. Small loads can do a 15-20 minute quick wash depending upon the temperature. I can do a 'fast' wash that can take the full capacity and wash a full load in 48 minutes. Or I can put it in auto mode where it works out for itself and will do a more thorough wash in about 1:10-1:15 roughly if it's something very dirty.

Before the Samsung I had an old and fairly cheap model made by Indesit. That was nothing special, but even that felt like it was miles better than the Samsung I had.
    That's really weird because I had an indesit and it put holes in my clothes, and I now have a Samsung and it doesnt. Wonder what causes that?

That's really weird because I had an indesit and it put holes in my clothes, and I now have a Samsung and it doesnt. Wonder what causes that? (edited)
    I have a samsung series 5+addwash washer and it spins very well however it can be a bit funny at time if you put a lot in and it says its over weight and gets stuck mid cycle and never spins, akthough i also had the exact same ossue withy last bosch series 6 washer, i must be putting abnormally large loads in
    But yes when its not over filled the samsung spins very well and has a 15,30,60 minute quick wash and others in-between
    Replaced a beko with a Samsung at twice the cost, there is no difference other than it sings to you when it’s finished. (edited)
    I've owned an 9kg LG direct drive for over 5 years and not had any issues with it. Loads of wash options and the ability to download more. Pretty quiet and the 1400 spin is excellent. Would recommend and would certainly buy another.
    Quality can change over time but if they still make them like this beast I'd go with Samsung every time. This probably gets used every couple of days with kids washing, for the past (dunno, 6 or 8 years?) and it's never let us down once. Bearings feel as smooth as when we bought it.

As you can see she gets a lot of use, she's so faithful we call her "Black Betty" from the song.

52016074-KVJwD.jpg
    (..and currently watching Question Time on my 11-year old Samsung TV)
    Haven't owned a Samsung washing machine but when I was looking at replacing my Neff one was put off by a few negative reviews. Have owned a LG one for about 5 years now no issues so far .
's avatar